Lonmin PLC (LONJ.J)
LONDON South African miner Lonmin announced a $1.1 billion impairment charge on Monday due to weaker platinum prices and a firmer rand, plunging it deeper into operating losses ahead of its planned takeover by rival Sibanye-Stillwater .
* Sibanye says results don't affect its takeover plan (Adds detail)
LONDON, Jan 22 Platinum miner Lonmin reported a 65 percent drop in 2017 profit on Monday citing higher costs and subdued commodity prices but reiterated its 2018 targets.
LONDON Platinum miner Lonmin has received a further waiver on its debt agreements from its lenders, preventing a default, the South Africa-focused company said on Thursday.
LONDON, Jan 18 Platinum miner Lonmin has received a further waiver on its debt agreements from its lenders, preventing a default, the South Africa-focused company said on Thursday.
LONDON Plans to cut around 13,000 jobs are likely to be the biggest obstacle to miner Sibanye-Stillwater winning South African regulatory approval for its proposed takeover of troubled rival Lonmin , the CEO of Lonmin told Reuters.
Dec 15 Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening down 13 points on Friday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures down 0.20 percent ahead of the cash market open.
Dec 15 Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening down 13 points on Friday, according to financial bookmakers. * OLD MUTUAL: The chief of Old Mutual Global Investors (OMGI) Richard Buxton is nearing a 550 million pound buyout of the company, according to a person familiar with the matter. * BP: BP plans to invest $200 million in Europe's largest solar power developer Lightsource, with a 43 percent stake buy, the Financial Times reported on Friday. http://on.ft.com/2Bq
* Dollar bounces back from one-week low * U.S. retail sales data stronger than expected * Platinum shrugs off Lonmin takeover (New throughout, updates prices, market activity and comments, adds second byline and NEW YORK dateline) By Renita D. Young and Eric Onstad NEW YORK/LONDON, Dec 14 Gold dipped slightly on Thursday, easing off a one-week high as the dollar rebounded following strong U.S. retail sales data, while palladium rose to its highest since February
LONDON/JOHANNESBURG South Africa's Sibanye-Stillwater agreed to buy troubled miner Lonmin for about 285 million pounds ($382 million) to create the world's No. 2 platinum producer in a bid to ride out depressed prices for the metal.
Earnings vs. Estimates
- 3 resources stocks with 30%+ upside
- 3 resource stocks to buy on today's news?
- This thing could put a rocket under these 3 shares
- Are Gem Diamonds Limited, Antofagasta plc and Lonmin plc top buys today?
- Can 2016 winners Centamin plc (+145%), Anglo American plc (+149%) and Lonmin plc (+183%) keep on climbing?
- Are Whitbread plc, Gulf Keystone Petroleum Limited and Lonmin plc the best turnaround stocks EVER?