Lancashire Holdings Ltd (LRE.L)
22 Jun 2018
Lloyd's of London insurer Lancashire swung to a loss in the fourth quarter, the costliest ever for insurers and reinsurers due to natural disasters, and said 2018 would be challenging.
* Shares down 5 pct, second top London midcap loser (Adds details, analyst comments, share movement)
Feb 15 Property and casualty insurer Lancashire Holdings Ltd forecast that 2018 would be another challenging year for the industry, and swung to a full-year loss as it weathered the costliest year ever for insurers and reinsurers due to natural catastrophes.
* GROSS PREMIUMS WRITTEN DECREASED BY 29.1% IN Q4 OF 2017 COMPARED TO SAME PERIOD IN 2016
Earnings vs. Estimates
- Are these three financial stocks a buy after today's results?
- Three dividend champions on special offer: Lancashire holdings limited, ITV plc and Next plc
- Are 9%+ Yields At NAHL Group PLC, Vedanta Resources plc & Lancashire Holdings Limited Too Good To Last?
- Top Insurance Stocks For 2016: Admiral Group plc, RSA Insurance Group plc & Lancashire Holdings Limited
- Should I Sell Aviva plc And Buy RSA Insurance Group plc And Lancashire Holdings Limited?
- Why Are Lancashire Holdings Limited, Xtract Resources PLC, Kenmare Resources plc & Serco Group plc Rising Today?