Mattel Inc (MAT.OQ)
20 Aug 2018
J.C. Penney Co Inc will stock more baby products at outlets in the vicinity of stores shut by Babies 'R' Us', taking advantage of the recent collapse of parent Toys 'R' Us.
Mattel Inc's quarterly sales missed analysts' estimates on Wednesday, weighed down by the absence of a big movie tie-in in the quarter, while the liquidation of key customer Toys 'R' Us continued to hurt the U.S. toy maker.
* Shares down 9 percent after market (Adds details from CEO interview; Updates share price)
July 25 Mattel Inc's quarterly sales missed Wall Street estimates on Wednesday, weighed down by the liquidation of key customer Toys 'R' Us and the absence of a big movie tie-in in the quarter.
* MATTEL, INC. ANNOUNCES PRICING OF PRIVATE OFFERING OF SENIOR NOTES DUE 2025
* MATTEL SAYS 199.8 MILLION VOTES AGAINST PROPOSAL REGARDING INDEPENDENT BOARD CHAIRMAN VERSUS 83.1 MILLION "FOR" VOTES AT ANNUAL MEETING - SEC FILING Source text: (https://bit.ly/2IF05El) Further company coverage:
* MATTEL, INC. ANNOUNCES $500 MILLION ADDITIONAL PRIVATE OFFERING OF SENIOR NOTES DUE 2025
* MATTEL INC - BOARD HAS APPROVED REDUCING AUTHORIZED NUMBER OF DIRECTORS FROM NINE TO SEVEN EFFECTIVE AS OF THE 2018 ANNUAL MEETING Source text: (https://bit.ly/2JY1M03) Further company coverage:
* ON MAY 3, TREVOR EDWARDS NOTIFIED CO OF DECISION TO NOT STAND FOR RE-ELECTION AS A DIRECTOR AT 2018 ANNUAL MEETING OF STOCKHOLDERS Source text for Eikon: (http://bit.ly/2KFWmYy) Further company coverage:
Toymaker Mattel Inc showed signs of recovering from the aftermath of its top customer, Toys 'R' Us, going out of business as robust demand for Barbie and Hot Wheels toys lifted its first-quarter sales above Wall Street expectations.