MBIA Inc (MBI.N)
19 Jan 2018
* MBIA INC SAYS BOARD WILL DECREASE IN SIZE FROM SEVEN TO SIX DIRECTORS - SEC FILING Source text: (http://bit.ly/2pgRVgj) Further company coverage:
* Fine Capital Partners L.P. reports 12.1 percent passive stake in MBIA Inc as of November 7, 2017 - SEC Filing Source text: (http://bit.ly/2yVA0vO) Further company coverage:
NEW YORK Shares of MBIA Inc. , a bond insurer with exposure to Puerto Rico, rose sharply on Wednesday after it reported third quarter 2017 results that included notice it planned to extend its already sizeable share buyback program.
* Q3 earnings per share view $0.10 -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S
NEW YORK, Nov 6 Shares of three major bond insurance firms with exposure to Puerto Rico fell on Monday after a "60 Minutes" episode aired on Sunday highlighted the extensive damage wreaked on the island by Hurricane Maria.
* EJF Capital Llc reports 5.7% passive stake in MBIA Inc as of Oct 17 - SEC filing Source text: (http://bit.ly/2gLMTF9) Further company coverage:
* MBIA Inc - Jay Brown to step down as CEO effective September 15; Bill Fallon elected CEO Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
CHICAGO, Aug 8 Exposure to defaulted Puerto Rico debt helped balloon bond insurer MBIA Inc's net loss for the second quarter of 2017 to $1.2 billion compared with a loss of $27 million in the same period last year, the company reported on Tuesday.
* MBIA Inc - book value per share was $15.45 as of June 30, 2017 compared with $23.87 as of December 31, 2016
* MBIA Inc - resignations of Maryann Bruce, Keith D. Curry and Lois A. Scott from MBIA Inc. board of directors effective July 28, 2017