Merlin Entertainments PLC (MERL.L)
June 28 The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 2000 GMT on Friday:
LONDON/COPENHAGEN Lego's founding family and private equity firm Blackstone are taking Britain's Merlin private again in an agreed deal valuing the Madame Tussauds and Legoland owner at $7.5 billion. | Video
LONDON/COPENHAGEN Lego's founding family and private equity firm Blackstone are taking Britain's Merlin private again in an agreed deal valuing the Madame Tussauds and Legoland owner at $7.5 billion (5.9 billion pounds). | Video
* 455 pence/share price struck after several rejections (Adds detail, background)
June 28 Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening 1 point higher at 7,404 on Friday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures down 0.05% ahead of the cash market open.
June 28 Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening 1 point higher at 7,404 on Friday, according to financial bookmakers. * UNITE GROUP: Britain's Unite Group said on Thursday it was in advanced talks to buy fellow student accommodation firm Liberty Living from Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB). * TCS GROUP: Russian consumer lender TCS Group, the parent company of Tinkoff Bank, said on Thursday it would raise extra capital by offering 16.7 million global deposita
June 28 The following are the top stories in the Financial Times. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
June 28 Britain's Merlin Entertainments Plc is to be acquired for 6 billion pounds ($7.6 billion) by a group made up of Kirkbi, the investment vehicle of Lego's founding family, private equity firm Blackstone Group LP and Canadian pension fund CPPIB, the Financial Times reported on Friday.
Earnings vs. Estimates
- Are these three shares screaming buys after today's results?
- Will a plummeting pound boost tourism shares like Merlin Entertainments plc, Whitbread plc & Marston's plc?
- Forget the high valuations! Why you need to check out ARM Holdings plc, Bunzl plc and Merlin Entertainments plc
- 5 stocks I'd buy and hold forever: Rolls-Royce Holding plc, Next plc, Boohoo.Com plc, Merlin Entertainments plc and J Sainsbury plc
- 3 Half-term heroes: Why Sky plc, Just Eat plc and Merlin Entertainments plc could all benefit from the break
- Are Tullow Oil plc, Merlin Entertainments plc and Next plc the FTSE 100's best turnaround stocks?