Meggitt PLC (MGGT.L)
21 Sep 2018
LONDON Meggitt is on track to meet upgraded guidance after seeing strong demand for its wheels, brakes and other aerospace parts, the British engineering firm said on Tuesday, adding its composite business was also showing signs of improvement.
LONDON, Aug 7 Meggitt is on track to meet upgraded guidance after seeing strong demand for its wheels, brakes and other aerospace parts, the British engineering firm said on Tuesday, adding its composite business was also showing signs of improvement.
Meggitt expects revenues to increase more than previously forecast in 2018 after higher U.S. defence spending helped the British engineering firm post a stronger-than-anticipated second quarter.
* (Updates shares, comparison with rivals, context on U.S. defence market)
July 2 British engineering company Meggitt said it now expects total organic revenue growth in 2018 to rise by 4-6 percent, up from 2-4 percent earlier, helped by a stronger than anticipated trading in the second quarter.
* TRADING DURING Q1 OF 2018 WAS STRONG, WITH ORGANIC REVENUE GROWTH OF 6% EXCLUDING EFFECTS OF FOREIGN EXCHANGE AND DISPOSALS.
* HAS SOLD PRECISION MICRO, SPECIALISTS IN PRODUCTION PHOTO ETCHING FOR AUTOMOTIVE AND MEDICAL SECTORS, TO LDC, PRIVATE EQUITY ARM OF LLOYDS BANKING GROUP FOR £22.5 MILLION IN CASH
Earnings vs. Estimates
- 3 FTSE 250 stocks you should be buying after today's results?
- What are the safest places to store your money post-Brexit?
- Are Meggitt plc, BT Group plc And Glencore PLC At Risk Of Major Corrections?
- Are Berkeley Group Holdings PLC, J Sainsbury plc And Meggitt plc The Best Dividend Stocks You Can Buy?
- Is Xeros Technology Group PLC A Better Buy Than Rolls-Royce Holding PLC And Meggitt plc?
- 4 FTSE 250 Dividend Greats: AA PLC, Pendragon PLC, Mitie Group PLC & Meggitt plc