Millicom International Cellular SA (MICsdb.ST)
23 May 2018
LONDON Helios Towers has ditched its plans to launch an initial public offering (IPO) in London which was expected to value the business at about 2 billion pounds ($2.8 billion), the African mobile networks operator said on Thursday.
LONDON, March 15 Helios Towers has ditched its plans to launch an initial public offering (IPO) in London which was expected to value the business at about 2 billion pounds ($2.8 billion), the African mobile networks operator said on Thursday.
DAR ES SALAAM, Feb 23 The number of internet users in Tanzania rose by 16 percent at the end of 2017 to 23 million, with the majority of those using their handsets to go online, the telecom industry regulator said on Friday.
* MILLICOM'S TIGO EL SALVADOR SIGNS AGREEMENT TO SELL AND LEASE BACK TOWERS TO SBA
* SAYS CO GETS REGULATORY APPROVAL TO ACQUIRE OPERATIONS OF MILLICOM IN RWANDA Source text - http://bit.ly/2Bnlmhn Further company coverage:
* CO'S SUBSIDIARY TELEFÓNICA CELULAR DEL PARAGUAY SA HAS ACQUIRED THREE OF SEVEN AVAILABLE BLOCKS OF 2X5MHZ SPECTRUM IN 700MHZ BAND
NAIROBI, Dec 21 Indian telecoms carrier Bharti Airtel said on Thursday that there were no irregularities in deals that made it the majority shareholder in a Tanzanian unit, a day after the country's president claimed the company belonged to the state.
* Millicom announced today that it has reduced its ownership stake in BIMA from 20.4% to 12.0% as part of a transaction that sees Allianz X investing $96.6m in the micro-insurance business. As a result of the transaction, Millicom receives $24m in cash. Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Reporting By Johan Ahlander)
* BHARTI AIRTEL SIGNS AGREEMENT TO ACQUIRE MILLICOM'S OPERATIONS IN RWANDA
NEW YORK, Dec 1 In their hunt for yield, some investors have been venturing into offerings as exotic as Tajikistan's sovereign bond or Iraq's first sovereign debt sale without U.S. backing in more than a decade only to find out that even those are pricey and hard to get.