Mondi PLC (MNPJ.J)
18 May 2018
JOHANNESBURG, April 30 Mondi has agreed to buy a privately-owned industrial bags maker operating in Egypt for 23.7 million euros ($28.75 million) to expand deeper into the Middle East, the South African packaging group said on Monday.
JOHANNESBURG, April 30 Mondi will acquire a privately-owned industrial bags producer operating in Egypt for 23.7 million euros ($28.75 million), it said on Monday as the packaging group expands deeper into the Middle East region.
Packaging group Mondi will pay a special dividend of 1 euro per share after resuming profit growth on improved demand and average selling prices, trumpeting its ability to offset any further cost inflation this year.
* Shares rise in Johannesburg and London (Recasts lead, adds CEO comments, updates shares)
March 2 Paper and packaging group Mondi announced a special payout of 100 euro cents per share after full-year underlying profit rose 4 percent, benefiting from solid demand and higher average selling prices in most of its businesses.
Earnings vs. Estimates
- Will these 3 shares soar or sink after today’s updates?
- Can these FTSE 100 winners extend July's gains?
- Forget your cash ISA with these dividend darlings!
- Brexit has left these FTSE 100 stars looking far too cheap!
- Why Royal Dutch Shell plc looks set to be beaten by Mondi plc
- Bunzl plc, Mondi plc and Rexam plc have got it all wrapped up