Metro Inc (MRU.TO)
23 Feb 2018
* SAYS SEES SUSTAINABLE SALES GROWTH AND STABLE EBIT DEVELOPMENT IN FINANCIAL YEAR 2016/17
Feb 14 A federal appeals court threw out the 46-month prison sentence of a former clerk at a major Wall Street law firm, who was part of an insider trading ring that passed merger tips on napkins and Post-it notes in New York's Grand Central Terminal.
* SAYS WILL PREFER EXPANSION OF MARKET POSITION IN GERMANY TO IMPROVED EARNINGS Further company coverage:
* Shares rise 2 percent in pre-market trade (Adds details, share price indication)
BERLIN, Feb 13 German retailer Metro managed to make up for a drop in quarterly profits at its Russia business by an absence of restructuring expenses at its Real hypermarkets and other one-off income, confirming on Tuesday its full-year forecasts.
* Q1 EARNINGS PER SHARE VIEW C$0.59 -- THOMSON REUTERS I/B/E/S
LONDON/TORONTO Britain's Ocado has sealed a deal to allow Canada's second largest food supermarket group Sobeys to use its e-commerce platform, sending the British online retailer's shares up 28 percent on its latest international tie-up.
* Ocado shares jump (Adds Sobeys parent's shares, analyst comment, details on e-commerce grocery offerings in Canada)
BERLIN German retailer Metro reported a slowdown in sales in its Russian business for the important Christmas quarter, although it saw an improvement in same-store sales at its core German wholesale unit and its hypermarkets stabilised.
* Wholesale unit organic sales up in Germany; down in Russia (Adds shares, analyst comment)