Marshalls PLC (MSLH.L)
19 Jan 2018
* acquisition of CPM group limited for a total cash consideration of £38.3m
NEW YORK (Reuters Breakingviews) - The Amazon vortex won’t suck in everyone. That's the verdict of investors in the retail sector. Among potential competitors to the e-commerce juggernaut founded by Jeff Bezos, some – including Ross Stores, Home Depot and AutoZone – may have the wherewithal to withstand Amazon. The market is conferring on them valuations commensurate with, or better than, the one accorded to Amazon.
Aug 15 TJX Cos Inc's quarterly performance was one of the few bright spots in the gloomy U.S. retail environment, proving that the company's off-price business model was luring shoppers even as competition from Amazon.com Inc intensifies.
TJX Cos Inc's quarterly performance was one of the few bright spots in the gloomy U.S. retail environment, proving that the company's off-price business model was luring shoppers even as competition from Amazon.com Inc intensifies.
Aug 15 TJX Cos Inc, the owner of off-price retail chains T.J. Maxx and Marshalls, reported a better-than-expected increase in quarterly sales at established stores as discounts attracted more shoppers.
Earnings vs. Estimates
- Should you buy these climbers after today's results?
- 3 hot summer growth picks from the FTSE 250
- Are Marshalls plc, Quadrise Fuels International plc and IMImobile plc star buys after today's updates?
- Whitbread plc, Shire plc and Marshalls plc beg your attention following the referendum sell-off
- Should you buy Marshall Motor Holdings plc, Bonmarche Holdings plc and Lonmin plc after today's major share price moves?
- Should you buy Marshalls plc, Burberry Group plc and Marston's plc after today's updates?