Nokian Tyres plc (NRE1V.HE)
16 Jan 2018
* NOKIAN HEAVY TYRES SAYS TO INCREASE ITS PRODUCTION CAPACITY BY 50 PERCENT, INVESTING EUR 70 MILLION IN NOKIA PLANT
* SAYS STRENGTHENS ITS COOPERATION WITH CAR MANUFACTURERS IN CENTRAL EUROPE
VSEVOLOZHSK/HELSINKI Nokian Tyres , which supported earnings during Russia's ruble crisis by boosting exports from the country, is flipping strategy as the economy rebounds.
VSEVOLOZHSK/HELSINKI Nokian Tyres , which supported earnings during Russia's rouble crisis by boosting exports from the country, is flipping strategy as the economy rebounds.
* Faces risks of rising costs, limited scope to expand output
* Chief Executive Hille Korhonen tells a news conference that Q4 sales are seen roughly flat year/year, while on EBIT she said she was "slightly more positive"
* Shares rise 5 percent (Adds share reaction, comment, background)
HELSINKI, Nov 1 Finnish tyre maker Nokian Tyres reported on Wednesday better than expected quarterly profits on the back of growth in Russia and North America, as well as price increases to offset rising raw material costs.
* Says company is obliged to pay 59 million euros ($69.36 million) additional taxes with punitive tax increases and interests concerning tax year 2011
MILAN/LONDON, Sept 14 Tyremaker Pirelli may struggle to get the 9 billion-euro ($11 billion) valuation sought by its owners on its return to Milan's stock market next month, with several fund managers saying they will not invest if it is valued at more than 7.5 billion euros.