Nokian Tyres plc (NRE1V.HE)
* LESKELÄ CONTINUES IN HER POSITION UNTIL BEGINNING OF JULY 2018
* SAYS APPOINTS MR. MARK EARL TO LEAD THE AMERICAS BUSINESS AREA AS OF MAY 1, 2018
HELSINKI Finnish police plan to launch a criminal investigation into options trading at Nokian Tyres stemming from manipulated product tests, darkening the mood after the company reported rising quarterly profit on Friday.
MILAN, Feb 2 European shares fell on Friday and were set for their biggest weekly loss in six months as a slump in Deutsche Bank after a bigger-than-expected loss hit the heavyweight banking sector.
HELSINKI, Feb 2 Finnish police plan to launch a criminal investigation into options trading at Nokian Tyres stemming from manipulated product tests, darkening the mood after the company reported rising quarterly profit on Friday.
* FINNISH POLICE SAYS HAS OPENED A CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION INTO SUSPECTED SECURITIES MARKET OFFENCES RELATED TO TYRES MANUFACTURED BY NOKIAN TYRES PLC AND THE TYRE TEST RESULTS IN DIFFERENT MAGAZINES Source text for Eikon: [http://www.poliisi.fi/tietoa_poliisista/tiedotteet/1/1/keskusrikospoliisi_aloittanut_esitutkinnan_nokian_renkaisiin_liittyen_67843?language=fi&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter ] Further company coverage: (Helsinki Newsroom)
HELSINKI, Feb 2 Finnish tyre maker Nokian Tyres reported on Friday rising quarterly profits thanks to growth in North America and Europe.
* NOKIAN HEAVY TYRES SAYS TO INCREASE ITS PRODUCTION CAPACITY BY 50 PERCENT, INVESTING EUR 70 MILLION IN NOKIA PLANT
* SAYS STRENGTHENS ITS COOPERATION WITH CAR MANUFACTURERS IN CENTRAL EUROPE
VSEVOLOZHSK/HELSINKI Nokian Tyres , which supported earnings during Russia's ruble crisis by boosting exports from the country, is flipping strategy as the economy rebounds.