Ocean Yield ASA (OCY.OL)
21 Feb 2018
OSLO Norwegian billionaire Kjell Inge Roekke's Aker Energy plans "significant" oil exploration and production in Ghana after a $100 million deal to buy Hess Corporation's business there.
* Likely to seek financial or industrial partners (Adds interview with Aker CEO, share, details)
* AKER ENERGY PLANS TO INVITE FINANCIAL OR INDUSTRIAL PARTNERS TO PARTICIPATE IN GHANA PROJECT WHEN FIELD DEVELOPMENT PLAN HAS BEEN APPROVED Further company coverage: (Reporting by Terje Solsvik)
OSLO, Feb 19 Aker Energy AS, controlled by Norwegian billionaire Kjell Inge Roekke, has agreed to buy Hess Corporation's Ghana unit in a $100 million deal and plans to launch production from its first oilfield there in 2021, it said on Monday.
* AKER ENERGY, A 50-50 JOINT VENTURE BETWEEN AKER ASA AND TRG AS, REACHES AGREEMENT TO ACQUIRE HESS GHANA WITH AN AIM TO BUILD A SIGNIFICANT E&P ACTIVITY IN GHANA
* NET ASSET VALUE UP BY 20.4 PER CENT TO NOK 41.8 BILLION - CASH DIVIDEND OF NOK 18 PER SHARE PROPOSED
* SAYS EBITDA FOR Q4 2017 WAS USD 80.4 MILLION, AND EBITDA ADJUSTED FOR FINANCE LEASE EFFECTS WAS USD 89.3 MILLION
* FIXED INCOME INVESTOR MEETINGS AND POTENTIAL NEW BOND ISSUE
* Ocean Yield ASA says EBIDTA for q3 2017 was USD 80.6 million
OSLO Aker BP will add the Norwegian operations of U.S. oil company Hess to its expanding exploration and production portfolio under a $2 billion (1.52 billion pounds) deal announced on Tuesday.