Provident Financial PLC (PFG.L)
19 Jan 2018
Provident Financial expects to report a loss of about 120 million pounds in its consumer credit division for 2017 as it struggles to win back customers following problems at its door-to-door lending business.
Jan 16 Provident Financial expects to report a loss of about 120 million pounds ($165 million) in its consumer credit division for 2017 as it struggles to win back customers following problems at its door-to-door lending business.
* CCD IS EXPECTED TO REPORT A FY PRE-EXCEPTIONAL LOSS OF C.£120M WHICH IS AT UPPER END OF GUIDANCE PROVIDED IN AUGUST 2017
Jan 16 Provident Financial, which is battling unresolved problems at its door-to-door lending business, said it expected to report a pre-exceptional loss of about 120 million pounds ($165.49 million) at the consumer credit division, at the upper end of its guidance.
Jan 15 British subprime lender Non-Standard Finance reported a yearly jump in net loan book and customer numbers at its doorstep lending business, after recruiting hundreds of agents from its bigger but now struggling rival, Provident Financial Group.
Britain's financial watchdog has launched a second probe into Provident Financial's lending practices, dealing a fresh blow to a company struggling to revive its door-to-door operations and sending its shares down as much as 16 percent.
* Shares fall as much as 15.9 pct http://bit.ly/2BLIZBJ (Adds details, share movement, analyst comments)
Dec 5 British lender Provident Financial said the country's financial watchdog had opened an investigation into Moneybarn, its car and van financing arm.
* HAS BEEN INFORMED THAT FINANCIAL CONDUCT AUTHORITY (FCA) HAS COMMENCED AN INVESTIGATION INTO MONEYBARN
* PROVIDENT FINANCIAL PLC - STUART SINCLAIR ASSUMES ROLE OF SENIOR INDEPENDENT DIRECTOR WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT
Earnings vs. Estimates
- Should you buy these under-the-radar Woodford holdings?
- My 2 best mid-cap stocks for income and growth
- 3 stocks with stunning income prospects
- Here's what Neil Woodford has been buying and selling since the Brexit vote
- Neil Woodford dumps BT Group plc and buys more Next plc and Provident Financial plc
- Do recent declines make AstraZeneca plc, easyJet plc & Provident Financial plc a buy?