Pier 1 Imports Inc (PIR.N)
* TOWLE & CO REPORTS 10.95 PERCENT PASSIVE STAKE IN PIER 1 IMPORTS INC AS OF DECEMBER 31, 2017 - SEC FILING Source text : http://bit.ly/2Bgh9j6 Further company coverage:
WASHINGTON, Feb 6 The U.S. trade deficit widened more than expected in December to its highest level since 2008, as robust domestic demand pushed imports to a record high, adding to the stiff headwinds faced by the Trump administration's "America First" trade policies.
* Nov exports +16.2 pct yr/yr vs forecast +14.6 pct * Imports +17.2 pct yr/yr vs forecast +18.0 pct * Trade balance +113.4 bln yen vs f'cast -54.9 bln yen * Exports a key driver of Japan's economic growth (Adds analyst's comment) By Tetsushi Kajimoto TOKYO, Dec 18 Japan's export growth accelerated in November to mark a full year of annual gains, underscoring the strength of external demand that has led the economy to its second-longest run of postwar growth.
SAN FRANCISCO Pier 1 Imports Inc's stock lost nearly a third of its value on Thursday and its main competitors' shares also fell after the furniture and home decorations retailer warned the holiday shopping season was not going well.
SAN FRANCISCO, Dec 14 Pier 1 Imports Inc's stock lost nearly a third of its value on Thursday and its main competitors' shares also fell after the furniture and home decorations retailer warned the holiday shopping season was not going well.
* PIER 1 IMPORTS, INC. REPORTS THIRD QUARTER FISCAL 2018 FINANCIAL RESULTS
* Pier 1 Imports Inc appoints interim chief financial officer
* Pier 1 Imports Inc reports second quarter fiscal 2018 financial results