Rio Tinto PLC (RIO.BA)
6 Apr 2018
* Rally could be short-lived - analyst (Updates with closing prices)
* Permits, documents, money still needed for deal -Inalum CEO
* Indonesia's Energy Ministry plans to hold a ceremony on Thursday to mark the finalisation of a share purchase agreement involving Freeport McMoRan, Rio Tinto, and state miner Inalum, the ministry said in a document
LONDON UK shares lagged their European peers on a trade war relief rally on Thursday, after better-than-expected UK retail data boosted the pound which acts as an accounting drag on their foreign revenues.
LONDON European shares surfed a worldwide rise in stock markets on Thursday as fading concerns about the trade war between the United States and China lifted investors into a risk taking mood.
Global miner Rio Tinto will return $3.2 billion to shareholders from its sale of Australian coal assets this year in addition to existing buyback programs, it said on Thursday.
Global miner Rio Tinto will return $3.2 billion (2.42 billion pounds) to shareholders from its sale of Australian coal assets this year in addition to existing buyback programmes, it said on Thursday.
* Lack of good assets to buy (Adds context, share price move)
LONDON European shares extended their rally on Thursday as investors set aside fears over a U.S.-China trade war and focused instead on bullish macroeconomic and corporate news.
LONDON, Sept 20 European shares extended their rally on Thursday as U.S.-China trade war fears were set aside and investors focused on bullish macroeconomic and corporate news.
Earnings vs. Estimates
- Is Evraz plc a better buy than Rio Tinto plc and BHP Billiton plc after today's results?
- Why these two miners look attractive to me
- Which resources stock will be the first to soar by 30%+?
- Rio Tinto plc & BHP Billiton plc face a £4bn tax threat
- Three non-UK shares to cure your post-Brexit blues?
- The key difference between Rio Tinto plc and BHP Billiton plc