Rio Tinto PLC (RIO.L)
13 Nov 2018
PARIS, Nov 9 Industralist Sanjeev Gupta's Liberty steel company has secured the financing for its acquisition of a Dunkirk aluminum smelter from Rio Tinto .
(Adds Trump comments, updates prices) BEIJING, Oct 30 Zinc and copper prices dropped on Tuesday, along with other base metals, after U.S. President Donald Trump warned new tariffs on Chinese goods in the absence of a trade agreement with China. Trump told FOX News Channel's "The Ingraham Angle" that he thinks there will be "a great deal" with China on trade, but warned that he has billions of dollars worth of new tariffs ready to go if a deal is not possible. Bloomberg N
* Rally could be short-lived - analyst (Updates with closing prices)
* Permits, documents, money still needed for deal -Inalum CEO
* Indonesia's Energy Ministry plans to hold a ceremony on Thursday to mark the finalisation of a share purchase agreement involving Freeport McMoRan, Rio Tinto, and state miner Inalum, the ministry said in a document
LONDON UK shares lagged their European peers on a trade war relief rally on Thursday, after better-than-expected UK retail data boosted the pound which acts as an accounting drag on their foreign revenues.
LONDON European shares surfed a worldwide rise in stock markets on Thursday as fading concerns about the trade war between the United States and China lifted investors into a risk taking mood.
Global miner Rio Tinto will return $3.2 billion to shareholders from its sale of Australian coal assets this year in addition to existing buyback programs, it said on Thursday.
Global miner Rio Tinto will return $3.2 billion (2.42 billion pounds) to shareholders from its sale of Australian coal assets this year in addition to existing buyback programmes, it said on Thursday.
* Lack of good assets to buy (Adds context, share price move)
Earnings vs. Estimates
- Is Evraz plc a better buy than Rio Tinto plc and BHP Billiton plc after today's results?
- Why these two miners look attractive to me
- Rio Tinto plc & BHP Billiton plc face a £4bn tax threat
- Which resources stock will be the first to soar by 30%+?
- Three non-UK shares to cure your post-Brexit blues?
- The key difference between Rio Tinto plc and BHP Billiton plc