State Bank of India (SBI.NS)
NEW DELHI, Aug 14 Beleaguered carrier Jet Airways Ltd has not yet approached State Bank of India (SBI) for any funds, the chairman of the country's top bank said on Tuesday, according to television channel CNBC-TV18.
* Bad loans ease from three months earlier (Recasts with Chairman's comment)
Aug 10 State Bank of India (SBI) reported a bigger-than-expected quarterly loss on Friday, as the country's biggest lender by assets made higher provisions for treasury losses.
MUMBAI When the Indian government announced a surprise $32 billion bailout plan for the nation's state-controlled banks last October, credit rating firms and the nation's central bank saw it as a huge step to getting the industry back to robust health – and lending more to businesses and consumers.
* Shares close end 4 pct higher on hopes bank turns corner (Adds Chairman comment, details on guidance)
May 22 Indian shares ended slightly higher on Tuesday, driven by gains in Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Ltd and State Bank of India (SBI) following their quarterly results.
* SBI reports loss of $1.13 bln, far beyond analyst estimates
May 22 State Bank of India (SBI) posted a fourth-quarter net loss of 77.18 billion rupees ($1.13 billion) on Tuesday, hurt by higher provisions for bad loans.
* KEEPS LENDING RATES UNDER MCLR UNCHANGED IN MAY Source text for Eikon: https://bit.ly/2hfLVQS
* SAYS CO DECIDED TO DISCONTINUE THE BANKING FACILITIES / CONSORTIUM WITH STATE BANK OF INDIA