J Sainsbury PLC (SBRY.L)
24 Sep 2018
Sept 20 The following are the top stories on the business pages of British newspapers. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
Aug 23 UK's competition regulator is starting a formal investigation into the proposed merger of supermarket chains Sainsbury and Walmart's Asda.
Aug 22 Britain's FTSE 100 opened 0.3 pct lower on Wednesday.
Aug 22 Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening 16 points lower on Wednesday, according to financial bookmakers. * CAPITA: Outsourcing company Capita has poached the finance chief of bus and train company Go-Ahead Group to become its new CFO, Sky News reported on Tuesday. * SUPERDRUG: British pharmacy Superdrug said late on Tuesday there had been a "possible disclosure" of personal information of some of their Superdrug.com customers, which could include names, addr
* Asda sales up 3.7 pct in 12 weeks to July 15 - Kantar Worldpanel * Sainsbury's sales up 0.8 pct * Sainsbury's agreed 7.3 bln stg deal to buy Asda in April * Sainsbury's shares down 0.4 pct (Adds details of Kantar commentary, updates shares) By James Davey LONDON, July 24 Asda, the British supermarket arm of Walmart, recorded its strongest sales growth in more than five years over the last quarter, while Sainsbury's , which has agreed to buy its smaller riv
LONDON Britain's top share index lost some ground on Wednesday, weighed down by weakness among miners and energy stocks, though investors cheered Sainsbury's trading update.
* Anglo American up on report of possible bid for South Africa business
LONDON (LPC) - UK supermarket Sainsbury’s has agreed 3.5 billion pounds of syndicated loans to back its proposed £7.3bn acquisition of Walmart's Asda, the company said on Wednesday.
LONDON, July 4 Britain's top share index fell back on Wednesday, weighed down by fresh weakness among miners and energy stocks, though investors cheered Sainsbury's trading update.
June 19 The following are the top stories in the Financial Times. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
Earnings vs. Estimates
- How safe is J Sainsbury plc’s dividend?
- Will this big retailer beat supermarket stocks after today's update?
- 3 stocks to help you retire early
- The new grocery price war could destroy the supermarkets
- Are J Sainsbury plc, BP plc and Standard Chartered plc contrarian corkers or doomed duds?
- Is the worst over for Tesco plc, J Sainsbury plc and WM Morrison Supermarkets plc?