Shire PLC (SHP.L)
14 Dec 2017
* SHIRE PLC SAYS NEW FORMULATION OF ONCASPAR RECEIVES MARKETING AUTHORIZATION IN EUROPE FOR PATIENTS WITH ACUTE LYMPHOBLASTIC LEUKEMIA
* SHIRE PLC SAYS JOHN MILLER TO SERVE AS INTERIM CFO WITH EFFECT FROM JAN 1, 2018 UNTIL THOMAS DITTRICH COMMENCES HIS EMPLOYMENT WITH CO - SEC FILING
LONDON Whitbread shares jumped more than 7 percent on Wednesday after U.S.-based hedge fund Sachem Head Capital Management declared a 3.4 percent stake in the British hotel and coffee chain operator.
Shire Plc said on Tuesday it had partnered with a California-based company to develop a new way to administer a drug to treat hemophilia A.
Dec 5 Shire Plc said on Tuesday it had partnered with a California-based company to develop a new way to administer a drug to treat hemophilia A.
BRIEF-Shire And Rani Therapeutics enter into collaboration to evaluate use of the Rani Pill technology
* SHIRE AND RANI THERAPEUTICS ENTER INTO COLLABORATION TO EVALUATE USE OF THE RANI PILL(TM) TECHNOLOGY FOR THE ORAL DELIVERY OF FACTOR THERAPY
LONDON Britain's top share index recovered from earlier losses to inch higher at the start of the week as cyclical sectors made a comeback, though the UK market lagged European benchmarks and Shire was a loser among health stocks.
* Mediclinic, Spire shares fall after takeover talks fall through
LONDON British stocks fell back into the red on Friday, ending a short-lived recovery, as takeover interest boosted Sky and construction firm Carillion plummeted after warning it would breach debt covenants.
* Shares in rival Shire climb 6 pct (Adds projected price of drug, company comment)
Earnings vs. Estimates
- Now is the perfect time to buy these 3 healthcare stocks!
- 2 'must-have' healthcare stocks after today's updates?
- Simply the best growth stocks in the FTSE 100?
- Are these 3 Brexit beaters set to fly after today's news?
- Are these 3 stocks due for a serious price correction?
- Should you buy Shire plc, Marks and Spencer Group plc and Amec Foster Wheeler plc following today's news?