Spire Healthcare Group PLC (SPI.L)
13 Nov 2018
(This version of the Sep. 18 story was corrected to specify that company is Britain's largest independent hospital group by revenue, not the country's largest independent hospital group)
Sept 18 Core earnings at UK private hospital operator Spire Healthcare Group sank 21 percent in the first half of 2018, driven by belt-tightening at the National Health Service that cut referrals to its big private providers.
Core earnings at UK private hospital operator Spire Healthcare Group sank 21 percent in the first half of 2018, driven by belt-tightening at the National Health Service that cut referrals to its big private providers.
Sept 18 Spire Healthcare Group Plc reported a 21 percent drop in first-half core earnings on Wednesday, as it continues to be hit by fewer referrals from Britain's publicly funded National Health Service (NHS).
Spire Healthcare shares hit a record low on Monday after it warned of sharply lower full-year core earnings on fewer referrals from Britain's publicly funded National Health Service (NHS).
* Revenue linked to the NHS fell 9.5 pct in H1 (Adds background on stock; updated shares; adds graphic)
Aug 6 Spire Healthcare Group Plc expects core earnings for the 2018 financial year to be materially lower than the previous year, Britain's second-largest healthcare firm said on Monday.
JOHANNESBURG Mediclinic took a hefty $863 million (646.28 million pounds) writedown on its Swiss business on Thursday, tipping South Africa's biggest private hospital group into an annual loss and sending its shares tumbling.
* Shares tumble more than 8 percent (Adds CEO comment, shares)
Earnings vs. Estimates
- 3 great shares to buy after today's results?
- Why has Neil Woodford bought Breedon Aggregates Ltd, Spire Healthcare Group plc and Purplebricks Group plc?
- Buckle up! 4 FTSE 250 fireworks you MUST check out
- Why Kier Group plc, Ted Baker plc & Spire Healthcare Group PLC Are Stunning Growth Picks
- Where Next For Spire Healthcare Group PLC After Today's Results?
- Should You Sell Double-Digit Risers Sports Direct International PLC, Ted Baker plc, Spire Healthcare Group PLC And Laird PLC?