Serco Group PLC (SRP.L)
21 Mar 2018
EDINBURGH Britain's Serco said it expected to emerge as one of the winners from the turmoil hitting the outsourcing sector after it reported 2017 results in line with its expectations and predicted profit growth for the next two years.
EDINBURGH Britain's Serco has called for more transparency from the government over the award of public contracts to protect companies after rival Carillion went bust, saying the market should not be a "Wild West".
* Focus on margin growth amid tough revenue outlook for sector (Adds details, quotes, background on outsourcing)
EDINBURGH, Feb 22 British outsourcer Serco reported 2017 profit in line with its recently-upgraded forecast and reiterated its expectations for 2018, expressing confidence in a sector hit by the collapse of rival Carillion.
* SERCO INC, SUBSIDIARY OF SERCO GROUP PLC, ANNOUNCED THAT PAMELA DREW HAS BEEN APPOINTED TO BOARD OF ITS U.S. BUSINESS Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
LONDON The budget set by Britain's defence ministry to support new equipment needed in the next decade could fall short by 20.8 billion pounds ($29.5 billion), Britain's independent government spending watchdog has said.
LONDON UK shares edged lower on Monday as investors counted the cost of construction group Carillion's collapse, including supply chain disruption and higher costs for its joint venture partners such as Balfour Beatty and Galliford Try.
* GKN rises as Melrose seeks to woo shareholders (Recasts, adds closing share prices)
LONDON, Jan 15 Investors struggled to find buying opportunities after the collapse of British construction and support services company Carillion on Monday, underscoring how risks have piled up for the whole industry.
* AWARDED A POSITION ON FEDERAL EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT AGENCY (FEMA) PUBLIC ASSISTANCE TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE CONTRACT (PA TAC) IV
Earnings vs. Estimates
- Do today's updates make these 3 stocks 'must-haves' for your portfolio?
- Should you buy Tullow Oil plc, John Wood Group plc and Serco Group plc on today's news?
- Will Indivior plc (+71%), Serco Group plc (+33%) & Indus Gas Limited (+105%) be among 2016's big winners?
- Are Serco Group plc, HSS Hire Group plc and Anglo Pacific Group plc today's top turnaround buys?
- Will AstraZeneca plc, Serco Group plc And RSA insurance Group plc Ever Deliver On Their Turnaround Potential?
- 3 Stocks To Avoid In 2016? Monitise Plc, Findel plc & Serco Group plc