United Natural Foods Inc (UNFI.OQ)
18 Sep 2018
NEW YORK A plunge in Facebook Inc's shares pushed the Nasdaq down more than 1 percent on Thursday, the index's biggest one-day drop in a month, but industrial stocks rose after the United States and the European Union said they would negotiate on trade. | Video
U.S. grocery retailer Supervalu Inc said on Thursday it will sell itself to United Natural Foods Inc (UNFI) , a distributor of natural and organic foods, for $1.35 billion, after coming under pressure from shareholders to explore a sale.
* Facebook registers biggest ever daily pct slump after margin warning
* Facebook set for biggest ever daily pct slump after margin warning
* Chipmakers gain on strong earnings reports from AMD, Xilinx
* Dow up 0.51 pct; S&P dips 0.15 pct; Nasdaq down 0.69 pct (Changes comment, adds details, updates details)
July 26 The Nasdaq Composite fell on Thursday as Facebook led a selloff in technology stocks, but the Dow gained as fears of a transatlantic trade war eased after the European Union and the United States agreed to negotiate on tariffs.
* Dow futures up 0.23 pct on U.S.-EU trade deal (Changes comment, adds details, updates prices)
July 26 United Natural Foods Inc said on Thursday it would buy U.S. supermarket operator Supervalu Inc in a deal valued at about $2.9 billion, including debt.
|SYSCO Corporation (SYY.N)||$73.05||-0.44|
|SUPERVALU INC. (SVU.N)||$32.21||-0.02|
|Metcash Limited (MTS.AX)||$3.02||+0.10|
|Core-Mark Holding Company, Inc. (CORE.OQ)||$34.15||+0.88|
|Weis Markets, Inc. (WMK.N)||$44.41||+0.20|
|SpartanNash Co (SPTN.OQ)||$20.42||-0.14|
|Hain Celestial Group Inc (HAIN.OQ)||$26.60||-0.66|