Whitbread PLC (WTB.L)
22 Mar 2019
Whitbread will buy back an extra £2 billion of shares using proceeds from its Costa Coffee sale and aims to double the long-term network potential at its hotels business to more than 170,000 rooms in Britain and overseas.
Whitbread will buy back an extra 2 billion pounds ($2.58 billion) of shares using proceeds from its Costa Coffee sale and aims to double the long-term network potential at its hotels business to more than 170,000 rooms in Britain and overseas.
* Promises 200 mln stg in cost saving over 3 years (Adds more details on buyback, hotel plans)
Feb 13 Whitbread Plc will buy back an additional 2 billion pounds ($2.58 billion) of shares using proceeds from its sale of the Costa Coffee chain to Coca Cola Co , the owner of Premier Inns said on Wednesday.
Whitbread Plc warned that profit would not grow in 2019-20 as the British hotel owner, which has just sold its Costa coffee chain, faces an uncertain economic outlook.
* Expanding Premier Inn chain in UK and Germany (Adds details on German market, analysts comments, shares)
Jan 17 Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening 24 points lower at 6,839 on Thursday, according to financial bookmakers, with FTSE 100 futures down 0.49 percent ahead of the cash market open. * WHITBREAD: British hotel owner Whitbread Plc on Thursday reported a 2.4 percent increase in third-quarter sales and expects 2019 results to be in-line with expectations, as the expansion of its Premier Inn chain pays off. * SAGE: British software company Sage said it had made a strong start to
Jan 17 British hotel owner Whitbread Plc on Thursday reported a 2.4 percent increase in third-quarter sales and expects 2019 results to be in-line with expectations, driven by new room additions at its Premier Inn chain.
BRUSSELS The European Commission said on Thursday it had cleared the sale of the Costa Coffee chain to U.S. drinks maker Coca-Cola Co from British restaurant and hotel owner Whitbread Plc.
Jan 3 The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 2100 GMT on Thursday:
Earnings vs. Estimates
- These FTSE 100 stars have exploded in Q3! And they're not finished yet
- Is now the time to buy Tesco plc, Whitbread plc & Prudential plc?
- Why I'm bullish on Tullow Oil plc, Whitbread plc and Boohoo.Com plc
- Whitbread plc, Shire plc and Marshalls plc beg your attention following the referendum sell-off
- Will a plummeting pound boost tourism shares like Merlin Entertainments plc, Whitbread plc & Marston's plc?
- Why earnings are expected to explode at AstraZeneca plc, Whitbread plc and Photo-Me International plc!