Whitbread PLC (WTB.L)
12 Dec 2017
LONDON A weaker pound, rising oil prices and growing confidence in the financial sector helped pushed British shares higher and well ahead of their European peers on Monday.
* HSBC rises as threat of laundering penalties lifted (Adds closing prices, more stocks)
LONDON Whitbread shares jumped more than 7 percent on Wednesday after U.S.-based hedge fund Sachem Head Capital Management declared a 3.4 percent stake in the British hotel and coffee chain operator.
LONDON, Dec 6 Whitbread shares jumped more than 7 percent on Wednesday after U.S.-based hedge fund Sachem Head Capital Management declared a 3.4 percent stake in the British hotel and coffee chain operator.
LONDON Britain's top share index was lifted from a two-month low on Wednesday as Brexit negotiations dented the pound, while Costa owner Whitbread got a late boost when activist investor Sachem Head declared a stake in the company.
* Saga drops after profit warning (Updates prices, adds quotes, detail)
LONDON, Dec 6 Whitbread shares jumped 7 percent on Wednesday after activist investment fund Sachem Head declared a 3.4 percent stake in the hotel and coffee chain operator.
LONDON Firmer commodities-related stocks barely kept the UK's top share index out of negative territory on Tuesday as results depressed Whitbread, though small cap Carillion saw its shares boosted by progress with its debt.
* Carillion jumps on credit deal (Adds details, closing prices)
* H1 underlying pretax profit up 6.7 percent to 328 million pounds
Earnings vs. Estimates
- These FTSE 100 stars have exploded in Q3! And they're not finished yet
- Is now the time to buy Tesco plc, Whitbread plc & Prudential plc?
- Why I'm bullish on Tullow Oil plc, Whitbread plc and Boohoo.Com plc
- Whitbread plc, Shire plc and Marshalls plc beg your attention following the referendum sell-off
- Will a plummeting pound boost tourism shares like Merlin Entertainments plc, Whitbread plc & Marston's plc?
- Why earnings are expected to explode at AstraZeneca plc, Whitbread plc and Photo-Me International plc!