52 Week Range
As of on the Tokyo Stock Exchange ∙ Minimum 15 minute delay
3M AVG Volume
52 Week High
52 Week Low
Shares Out (MIL)
Market Cap (MIL)
Dividend (Yield %)
R&I removes Sawai Pharmaceutical from rating monitor and affirms its rating at "A-"-R&I
Sawai Pharmaceutical completes sale of 20 pct stake in Upsher-Smith Laboratories
SAWAI PHARMACEUTICAL says details of shares private placement
SAWAI PHARMACEUTICAL CO., LTD. is a Japan-based pharmaceutical company mainly engaged in the manufacture and sale of ethical drugs and proprietary drugs. The Company operates in two segments. The Japan segment distributes its products through sales companies, wholesale shops and other pharmaceutical manufacturers, and also directly to medical institutions. The US segment manages subsidiaries in the US and sells manufactured pharmaceuticals to wholesalers in the US.
Biotechnology & Drugs
5-2-30, Miyahara, Yodogawa-ku
Chairman of the Board, Representative Director
President, Representative Director
Senior Managing Executive Officer, Director of Strategy Planning, President of Subsidiary, Director
Managing Executive Officer, Chief Director of Administration, Director
Managing Executive Officer, Director
Price To Earnings (TTM)
Price To Sales (TTM)
Price To Book (MRQ)
Price To Cash Flow (TTM)
Total Debt To Equity (MRQ)
LT Debt To Equity (MRQ)
Return on Investment (TTM)
Return on Equity (TTM)
* Rating and Investment Information, Inc. (R&I) removed the company from rating monitor-R&I
Sawai Pharmaceutical Co Ltd CONSOLIDATED FINANCIAL HIGHLIGHTS (in billions of yen unless specified) 9 months ended 9 months ended Year to Dec 31, 2017 Dec 31, 2016 Mar 31, 2018 LATEST YEAR-AGO LATEST RESULTS RESULTS FORECAST Sales 116.54 101.38 168.80 (+15.0 pct) (+9.7 pct...
* Says 20 percent stake in Upsher-Smith Laboratories LLC, which was wholly owned by co's unit SAWAI AMERICA, LLC, has been transferred to SUMITOMO CORP's wholly owned US-based unit Sumitomo Corporation of Americas, on Jan. 3
* Says it plans to issue 5 million new shares and to distribute 1 million shares of its treasury common stock through public offering
Sawai Pharmaceutical Co Ltd CONSOLIDATED FINANCIAL HIGHLIGHTS (in billions of yen unless specified) 6 months ended 6 months ended Year to Sep 30, 2017 Sep 30, 2016 Mar 31, 2018 LATEST YEAR-AGO LATEST RESULTS RESULTS FORECAST Sales 70.76 65.42 168.80 (+8.2 pct) (+11.0 pct...
* Says it plans to sell 20 percent stake in a wholly owned U.S.-based unit SAWAI AMERICA INC to Sumitomo Corporation of Americas, a wholly owned unit of SUMITOMO CORPORATION, for $211 million (23.2 billion yen)
* Upsher-Smith Laboratories says co's parent Sawai Pharmaceutical entered agreement with AstraZeneca to manufacture & market migraine medication in Japan
Sawai Pharmaceutical Co Ltd CONSOLIDATED FINANCIAL HIGHLIGHTS (in billions of yen unless specified) 3 months ended 3 months ended Year to Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2016 Mar 31, 2018 LATEST YEAR-AGO LATEST RESULTS RESULTS FORECAST Sales 33.65 32.95 142.00 (+2.1 pct) (+12.1...
* Says it acquired U.S.-based company Upsher-Smith Laboratories, LLC, which is engaged in manufacture and sales of generic drug, for $1.05 billion (about 116.5 billion yen), on May 31 (U.S. local time)
Sawai Pharmaceutical Co Ltd CONSOLIDATED FINANCIAL HIGHLIGHTS (in billions of yen unless specified) Year ended Year ended Year to NEXT Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2016 Mar 31, 2018 YEAR LATEST YEAR-AGO COMPANY COMPANY RESULTS RESULTS FORECAST H1 FORECAST Sales 132.43 123.49 142.00...
* Says it plans to apply International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) as the new accounting method, to replace the current Japan-Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
* Rating and Investment Information, Inc. (R&I) put the company on rating monitor with view to downgrading
Japan's Sawai Pharmaceutical Co Ltd <4555.T> is buying the generic drug business of U.S. drug maker Upsher-Smith Laboratories Inc for $1.05 billion, marking the Osaka-based generic drugmaker's first overseas acquisition.
Japan's Sawai Pharmaceutical Co Ltd said on Thursday it would buy U.S. generic drug maker Upsher-Smith Laboratories Inc for $1.05 billion in its first overseas acquisition.
* Says to buy Upsher-Smith Laboratories for $1.05 billion Source text for Eikon in Japanese: Further company coverage: (Reporting By Chris Gallagher)
* Says it signed 181.56 billion won contract with Sawai Pharmaceutical Co Ltd to provide medicine
* Rating and Investment Information, Inc. (R&I) affirmed the company's rating at "A-" -R&I
Quote and financial data from Refinitiv. Fund performance data provided by Lipper. All quotes delayed a minimum of 15 minutes.