52 Week Range
As of on the New York Stock Exchange ∙ Minimum 15 minute delay
3M AVG Volume
52 Week High
52 Week Low
Shares Out (MIL)
Market Cap (MIL)
Dividend (Yield %)
Jessica Quinn Appointed Executive Vice President, Corporate Controller And Principal Accounting Officer Of American Express
American Express Reports Qtrly Discount Rev $6.83 Bln, Up From $6.46 Bln Last Year
Nielsen Names Linda Zukauckas Chief Financial Officer
American Express Company, together with its subsidiaries, is a global services company. The Company's principal products and services are charge and credit card products, and travel-related services offered to consumers and businesses around the world. The Company's segments include the Global Consumer Services Group (GCSG), Global Merchant and Network Services (GMNS), and Global Commercial Services (GCS). The Company's range of products and services includes network services; merchant acquisition and processing, servicing and settlement, and point-of-sale marketing and information products and services for merchants; other fee services, including fraud prevention services and the design and operation of customer loyalty programs; expense management products and services, and stored value/prepaid products.
200 Vesey St Fl 50
Stephen J. Squeri
Chairman of the Board, Chief Executive Officer
Jeffrey C. Campbell
Chief Financial Officer
Douglas E. Buckminster
Group President - Global Consumer Services
Paul D. Fabara
President - Global Services Group
Anna E. Marrs
President-Global Commercial Services
Price To Earnings (TTM)
Price To Sales (TTM)
Price To Book (MRQ)
Price To Cash Flow (TTM)
Total Debt To Equity (MRQ)
LT Debt To Equity (MRQ)
Return on Investment (TTM)
Return on Equity (TTM)
China's central bank said Wednesday that it had accepted an application from a unit of American Express Co <AXP.N> (AmEx) regarding starting operations in China.
Credit card issuer American Express Co <AXP.N> reported a higher-than-expected quarterly profit that highlighted the health of the U.S. consumer even as fears mount that a manufacturing-led weakness could spread to the broader economy.
Credit card issuer American Express Co said on Thursday its quarterly profit fell 5 percent, as it spent more on its rewards program.
American Express Co <AXP.N> missed Wall Street's fourth-quarter profit estimates on Thursday, as the rate of customer spending slowed despite a strong U.S. holiday sales season.
American Express Co reported a fourth-quarter profit compared to a loss in the same quarter a year ago, when the company took a charge of $2.6 billion due to a change in U.S. tax laws.
Activist investor Daniel Loeb's Third Point LLC on Friday disclosed a new position in American Express Co <AXP.N>, saying the market under-appreciates the strategic pivot of the company.
American Express Co <AXP.N> has received subpoenas from the U.S. Department of Justice and inquiries from other federal agencies related to its foreign exchange international payments business, the credit card issuer said on Tuesday.
American Express Co raised currency conversion rates for business clients without notifying its customers in an attempt to boost revenue and employee commission, the Wall Street Journal reported on Monday, citing people familiar with the matter.
The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday sided with American Express Co and against 11 states, ruling that the company's policy of forbidding merchants from encouraging customers to use rival credit cards with lower fees does not violate federal antitrust law.
* AMERICAN EXPRESS CO FILES FOR POTENTIAL NOTES AND FLOATING NOTES DUE 2021, SIZE NOT DISCLOSED - SEC FILING Source: (https://bit.ly/2GfoApF) Further company coverage:
* SETS REGULAR QUARTERLY DIVIDEND OF $0.35PER SHARE Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
Credit card issuer American Express Co <AXP.N> easily topped Wall Street targets for quarterly profit as record investments in card rewards and a strengthening U.S. economy contributed to higher customer spending.
* QUARTERLY CONSOLIDATED EXPENSES WERE $6.9 BILLION, UP 9 PERCENT FROM $6.3 BILLION A YEAR AGO
* Q1 EARNINGS PER SHARE VIEW $1.71, REVENUE VIEW $9.46 BILLION -- THOMSON REUTERS I/B/E/S Further company coverage:
* AMERICAN EXPRESS - PRELIMINARY USCS CARD MEMBER LOANS 30 DAYS PAST DUE LOANS AS A % OF TOTAL 1.4 PERCENT AT MARCH END VERSUS 1.4 PERCENT AT FEB
* AMERICAN EXPRESS SAYS RECENTLY BEEN ALERTED BY EXPEDIA THAT SOME CUSTOMERS WHO USED EXPEDIA’S ORBITZ PLATFORM MAY HAVE BEEN VICTIMS OF CYBER ATTACK
* AMERICAN EXPRESS CO K.I. CHENAULT'S 2017 TOTAL COMPENSATION WAS $18.6 MILLION VERSUS $17.5 MILLION IN 2016 – SEC FILING
* AMERICAN EXPRESS COMPANY ELECTS CHRISTOPHER D. YOUNG TO BOARD OF DIRECTORS
* SETS REGULAR QUARTERLY DIVIDEND OF $0.35 PER SHARE Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* AMERICAN EXPRESS CO FILES FOR POTENTIAL MIXED SHELF OFFERING; SIZE NOT DISCLOSED- SEC FILING Source text - (http://bit.ly/2Djxjpj) Further company coverage:
Quote and financial data from Refinitiv. Fund performance data provided by Lipper. All quotes delayed a minimum of 15 minutes.