52 Week Range
As of on the Toronto Stock Exchange ∙ Minimum 15 minute delay
3M AVG Volume
52 Week High
52 Week Low
Shares Out (MIL)
Market Cap (MIL)
Dividend (Yield %)
Fairfax Financial Holdings Posts Q3 EPS Of $2.04
Fairfax Renews Universal Shelf Prospectus
Thomas Cook India Says Co Is A Completely Different Entity From Thomas Cook Group Plc
Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited is a holding company. The Company, through its subsidiaries, is engaged in property and casualty insurance, and reinsurance and investment management. The Company's segments include Insurance and Reinsurance, Runoff, Other, and Corporate and Other. The Insurance and Reinsurance segment includes Northbridge Financial Corporation (Northbridge), Odyssey Re Holdings Corp. (OdysseyRe) and Crum & Forster Holdings Corp (Crum & Forster). The Runoff segment principally includes RiverStone Insurance (UK) Limited (RiverStone (UK)), Syndicate 3500. The Other segment consists of the Company's non-insurance operations, including Cara Operations Limited (Cara). Corporate and Other segment includes the parent entity (Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited) and its subsidiary intermediate holding companies. The Company owns a majority stake in Grivalia Properties REIC.
95 Wellington St W Suite 800
Vivan Prem Watsa
Chairman of the Board, Chief Executive Officer
Paul C. Rivett
Chief Financial Officer
Peter S. Clarke
Chief Operating Officer, Vice President
Vice President, Treasurer
Price To Earnings (TTM)
Price To Sales (TTM)
Price To Book (MRQ)
Price To Cash Flow (TTM)
Total Debt To Equity (MRQ)
LT Debt To Equity (MRQ)
Return on Investment (TTM)
Return on Equity (TTM)
Canadian billionaire Prem Watsa told shareholders of Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd on Thursday that the company will focus on internal growth at its key insurance business and step up efforts to boost its stock price by focusing on investment returns.
China's central bank has started seeking internal feedback on draft rules regulating financial holding companies, targeting big-name conglomerates that hold multiple financial licenses, said two sources with direct knowledge of the matter.
Fairfax Financial Holdings <FFH.TO>, owned by Canadian billionaire Prem Watsa, said on Monday it bought an almost 14 percent stake in steelmaker Stelco Holdings <STLC.TO> for C$250.1 million ($189.93 million).
Oct 4 - National Bank of Greece S.A. (“NBG”) announces the completion of the sale of its 99.83% stake in South African Bank of Athens (“SABA”) to GroCapital Holdings Limited (a consortium consisting of Afgri Holdings Proprietary Limited, Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited...
* FAIRFAX ANNOUNCES EARLY REDEMPTION OF NOTES DUE MAY 15, 2021
* QUARTERLY NET EARNINGS PER DILUTED SHARE AFTER PAYMENT OF PREFERRED SHARE DIVIDENDS $23.60
Toys "R" Us (Canada) Ltd on Friday received U.S. and Canadian court approval to sell itself to Prem Watsa's Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited <FFH.TO>, the bankrupt toy retailer said in a statement.
* TOYS "R" US AND BABIES "R" US (CANADA) RECEIVES COURT APPROVAL FOR SALE TO FAIRFAX FINANCIAL
* FAIRFAX FINANCIAL HOLDINGS LTD - CO'S UNIT THOMAS COOK (INDIA) LIMITED CHANGED ACCOUNTING FOR OWNERSHIP INTEREST IN QUESS CORP. LIMITED
* PRICED PREVIOUSLY ANNOUNCED PRIVATE OFFERING OF $600,000,000 OF SENIOR NOTES DUE 2028 ( "NOTES") AT AN ISSUE PRICE OF 99.765%
* FAIRFAX ANNOUNCES EARLY REDEMPTION OF ALLIED WORLD NOTES DUE NOVEMBER 15, 2020
The billionaire Steven A. Cohen has won the dismissal of an $8 billion lawsuit accusing him and his former firm SAC Capital Advisors LP of conspiring with other hedge funds to spread false rumors about Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd, hoping to "crush" or "kill" the insurer.
* FAIRFAX ANNOUNCES EARLY REDEMPTION OF NOTES DUE JUNE 22, 2020
* FAIRFAX FINANCIAL HOLDINGS LTD - PRICED PRIVATE OFFERING OF EUR 600 MILLION OF FAIRFAX'S SENIOR NOTES DUE 2028 AT AN ISSUE PRICE OF 98.791% Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* QTRLY GROSS PREMIUMS WRITTEN $3,349.7 MILLION VERSUS $2,244.1 MILLION
The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 2100 GMT on Monday:
Insurer Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd <FFH.TO> said on Monday it would buy some Canadian assets of bankrupt UK-based construction and services company Carillion for an undisclosed amount.
* FAIRFAX FINANCIAL HOLDINGS - FAIRFAX WILL ACQUIRE CERTAIN ASSETS AND ASSUME CERTAIN LIABILITIES RELATED TO CARILLION CANADA HOLDINGS'S CANADIAN OPERATIONS
* SEASPAN ANNOUNCES LETTER OF INTENT FOR POTENTIAL $250 MILLION UNSECURED 5.50% DEBENTURE AND WARRANT INVESTMENT FROM FAIRFAX FINANCIAL HOLDINGS LIMITED
* COLONY NORTHSTAR TO COMBINE RETAIL DISTRIBUTION BUSINESS WITH S2K FINANCIAL HOLDINGS
Quote and financial data from Refinitiv. Fund performance data provided by Lipper. All quotes delayed a minimum of 15 minutes.