52 Week Range
As of on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange ∙ Minimum 15 minute delay
3M AVG Volume
52 Week High
52 Week Low
Shares Out (MIL)
Market Cap (MIL)
Dividend (Yield %)
FirstRand Ltd Posts FY Basic Headline Earnings Per Share 497.2 Cents
S.A. Competition Commission Recommends Approval Of Absa Deal For Societe Generale Unit
Firstrand HY HEPS 237.9 Cents
FirstRand Limited provides banking, insurance and investment products and services to retail, commercial, corporate and public sector customers in South Africa and various African countries. The Company consists of a portfolio of financial services franchises, including First National Bank (FNB), a retail and commercial bank; Rand Merchant Bank (RMB), a corporate and investment bank; WesBank, its installment finance business, and Ashburton Investments, its investment management business. The Company's segments include FNB, FNB Africa, RMB, WesBank and FCC. FNB includes activities in the retail and commercial segments in South Africa. RMB includes activities in the corporate and investment banking segments in South Africa. WesBank includes activities in asset-based finance and related products in the retail, commercial and corporate segments of South Africa and rest of Africa, and asset-based motor finance through MotoNovo Finance in the United Kingdom.
4 Merchant Place
Corner Fredman Drive & Rivonia Road
William Rodger Jardine
Independent Non-Executive Chairman
Alan Patrick Pullinger
Chief Executive Officer, Executive Director
Hetash Surendrakumar Kellan
Chief Financial Officer, Finance Director, Executive Director
Chief Operating Officer, Executive Director
Price To Earnings (TTM)
Price To Sales (TTM)
Price To Book (MRQ)
Price To Cash Flow (TTM)
Total Debt To Equity (MRQ)
LT Debt To Equity (MRQ)
Return on Investment (TTM)
Return on Equity (TTM)
South African investment firm RMB Holdings (RMH) said on Tuesday it planned to distribute among shareholders its stake in lender FirstRand , worth about 130 billion rand ($8.8 billion), as part of a restructuring.
South African investment firm RMB Holdings (RMH) said on Tuesday it planned to distribute its stake worth about 130 billion rand ($8.8 billion) lender FirstRand to shareholders as part of a restructuring.
FirstRand is to become the latest South African lender to slash prices on its retail banking products, as the arrival of a host of new, cheaper rivals sparks a scramble for customers among South African banks.
* Profits increase 6 pct in H1, shares up 1.34 percent (Recasts, adds detail from CEO interview, shares)
South Africa's FirstRand said on Tuesday its profit in the six months to Dec. 31 rose by 6 percent.
FirstRand, one of South Africa's largest lenders, said on Friday it expects basic earnings per share for the first half of its financial year to increase between 22 percent and 24 percent.
South Africa's Discovery Ltd said on Friday it will issue 11.4 million shares to fund the acquisition of FirstRand's stake in their credit card joint venture, a condition for the launch of its planned Discovery Bank.
South Africa's largest lender FirstRand beat estimates with a 12 percent rise in annual profit on Thursday, helped by income and deposit fees.
* Discovery to fund transaction through equity issuance (Adds details, background, updates shares)
* FIRSTRAND LTD - THOMAS WINTERBOER HAS BEEN APPOINTED AS AN INDEPENDENT NON- EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF FIRSTRAND LIMITED AND FIRSTRAND BANK LIMITED
* FIRSTRAND HAS BEEN AWARDED SHORT-TERM INSURANCE LICENCE BY THE FINANCIAL SERVICES BOARD
* Incoming CEO says won't tinker with strategy (Adds incoming CEO comments in paragraph 13-14)
South Africa's No.1 lender by value, FirstRand, reported a 6 percent increase in half-year profit on Tuesday, a substantial slowdown from a year ago as a weak economy hit investment and consumption spending.
* HY BASIC HEADLINE EARNINGS PER SHARE 224.2 CENTS VERSUS. 211.5 CENTS AS REPORTED YEAR AGO
* SOUTH AFRICAN REGISTRAR OF BANKS APPROVED ACQUISITION AND CONDITION RELATED TO SUCH APPROVAL HAS BEEN SATISFIED WRT CASH OFFER FOR ALDERMORE
* SARB APPROVED ACQUISITION OF ALDERMORE BY FIRSTRAND OFFEROR, A WHOLLY-OWNED SUBSIDIARY OF FIRSTRAND LIMITED
South African lender FirstRand said on Tuesday its group Chief Executive Johan Burger will retire at the end of March after two and a half years at the helm and be succeeded by his deputy Alan Pullinger.
South African lender FirstRand said on Tuesday group Chief Executive Johan Burger will retire at the end of March and be succeeded by the company's group deputy CEO Alan Pullinger.
* JOHAN BURGER WILL RETIRE AS GROUP AND BANK CEO, EFFECTIVE 31 MARCH 2018
* ALDERMORE GROUP SAYS THAT AT COURT MEETING, GENERAL MEETING OF SHAREHOLDERS HELD IN CONNECTION WITH RECOMMENDED ACQUISITION BY FIRSTRAND, ALL RESOLUTIONS WERE DULY PASSED
Quote and financial data from Refinitiv. Fund performance data provided by Lipper. All quotes delayed a minimum of 15 minutes.