52 Week Range
As of on the London Stock Exchange (LON) ∙ Minimum 15 minute delay
3M AVG Volume
52 Week High
52 Week Low
Shares Out (MIL)
Market Cap (MIL)
Dividend (Yield %)
National Express Buys 60 Pct Stake In WeDriveU For 84.3 Mln Stg
Strong UK and Spanish trading boost National Express profit
National Express Gets FCA Approval For Prospectus On £1.5 Bln Euro Medium Term Note Programme
National Express Group PLC is an international transport company. The Company's segments include UK Bus, UK Coach, German Rail, North America (operates school bus and transit services), Spain and Morocco (operates bus and coach services), and Central functions. The UK Bus segment's services are operated from nine garages across the West Midlands. It also operates the Midland Metro light rail service between Birmingham and Wolverhampton. The UK Coach segment operates scheduled coach services in the United Kingdom. The German Rail segment operates the Rhine-Munster Express and the Rhine-Wupper-Bahn contracted rail services in Germany. The North America segment offers student transportation and transit services. Apart from the bus and coach services, the Spain and Morocco segment also operates service areas and other transport-related businesses, such as fuel distribution. The Company operates in the United Kingdom, Continental Europe, North Africa, North America and the Middle East.
National Express House
Mill Lane, Digbeth
John A. Armitt
Non-Executive Chairman of the Board
Group Chief Executive, Executive Director
Non-Executive Deputy Chairman of the Board
Group Finance Director, Executive Director
Price To Earnings (TTM)
Price To Sales (TTM)
Price To Book (MRQ)
Price To Cash Flow (TTM)
Total Debt To Equity (MRQ)
LT Debt To Equity (MRQ)
Return on Investment (TTM)
Return on Equity (TTM)
On June 30, British bank NatWest <RBS.L> sent out an arcane-sounding press release - bus operator National Express <NEX.L> had become the first company to take out a loan based on Sonia, a replacement for scandal-hit interest rate benchmark Libor.
British transport company National Express <NEX.L> said its Spanish and Moroccan business has won a 1 billion euro (£883.98 million) contract in Morocco to run bus services on 61 routes for 15 years.
* ANTICIPATED REDUCTION IN GROUP'S EFFECTIVE TAX RATE (ETR) FROM 1ST JANUARY 2018 DUE TO IMPACT OF US TAX CUTS AND JOBS ACT
* NATIONAL EXPRESS - CONTINUED POSITIVE TRADING AND NEW ACQUISITIONS
Transport group National Express <NEX.L> lifted its guidance for free cash flow on Thursday after lower fuel costs and strong international demand helped it to beat profit expectations, sending its shares higher.
* Strong growth in North America, with revenue and operating profits up 14.3% and 11.9% on a constant currency basis
* Completion of acquisition was triggered after department for transport granted final consent to proceed
* Appointments of matthew ashley as chief executive officer of our north america division Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Reporting By UK Bureau)
National Express <NEX.L> agreed to sell a London rail contract to Italy's Trenitalia on Wednesday, marking the departure of what used to be one of the biggest names in British rail and the arrival of another foreign state-owned operator to the network.
* Reached an in principle agreement for trenitalia, passenger rail transportation company part of fs italiane group, to acquire c2c franchise
* Operating profit up 9% in q3 driven by particularly strong performances in our overseas businesses
Quote and financial data from Refinitiv. Fund performance data provided by Lipper. All quotes delayed a minimum of 15 minutes.