52 Week Range
As of on the Toronto Stock Exchange ∙ Minimum 15 minute delay
3M AVG Volume
52 Week High
52 Week Low
Shares Out (MIL)
Market Cap (MIL)
Dividend (Yield %)
Obsidian Energy Says Appoints Stephen Loukas As Interim President & CEO
Obsidian Energy Announces Third Quarter 2019 Results And Updates 2019 Guidance
Obsidian Energy Initiates Formal Strategic Alternatives Process
Obsidian Energy Ltd, formerly Penn West Petroleum Ltd, is a Canada-based conventional oil and natural gas producer and development and production company. The Company operates a portfolio of opportunities with an oil position in the Cardium, Viking and Peace River areas of Alberta. The Alberta Viking area offers a mix of light-oil and gas with high-netback shorter cycle wells to complement longer cycle activities in the Cardium. The Cardium is concentrated on the low-decline and high-netback light-oil production. The Company is focused on an integrated waterflood approach in which it maintain reservoir pressure from the start of production to reduce decline rates on new wells. The Peace River operates in a crude oil resource industry.
Oil & Gas Operations
207 9 Ave SW Suite 200
Gordon M. Ritchie
Independent Chairman of the Board
Michael J. Faust
Vice President - Operations and E&P Services
Vice President - Development
Andrew Francis Sweerts
Vice President - Business Development and Commercial
Price To Earnings (TTM)
Price To Sales (TTM)
Price To Book (MRQ)
Price To Cash Flow (TTM)
Total Debt To Equity (MRQ)
LT Debt To Equity (MRQ)
Return on Investment (TTM)
Return on Equity (TTM)
A U.S. judge has ordered two former finance executives at Penn West Petroleum Ltd, now known as Obsidian Energy Ltd <OBE.TO>, to face regulatory charges that they helped engineer a multi-year accounting fraud to reduce the Canadian company's operating expenses.
* OBSIDIAN ENERGY REGAINS COMPLIANCE WITH THE NEW YORK STOCK EXCHANGE'S CONTINUED LISTING STANDARD & ANNOUNCES DETAILS FOR ITS FIRST QUARTER RESULTS AND ANNUAL AND SPECIAL MEETING Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* OBSIDIAN ENERGY AND FRONTFOUR ANNOUNCE SETTLEMENT AGREEMENT
* ONGOING DISCUSSIONS WITH CIC REGARDING DISPOSITION OF PEACE RIVER OIL PARTNERSHIP
* OBSIDIAN ENERGY - COMMENTS ON FRONTFOUR CAPITAL GROUP INTENTION TO NOMINATE FOUR CANDIDATES TO STAND FOR ELECTION AT CO'S 2018 ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
* OBSIDIAN ENERGY ANNOUNCES YEAR END 2017 FINANCIAL AND OPERATIONAL RESULTS AND PROPOSED COMMON SHARE CONSOLIDATION
* OBSIDIAN ENERGY LTD. ANNOUNCES NEW CHAIRMAN OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS, 126 PERCENT RESERVE REPLACEMENT & CONFERENCE CALL DETAILS TO DISCUSS ITS YEAR-END 2017 RESULTS
* REVISING OUR FULL YEAR PRODUCTION AND OPERATING COST GUIDANCE TO REFLECT IMPACT OF DISPOSITION
Canadian oil sands producer Obsidian Energy Ltd said on Wednesday it could not add major shareholder FrontFour Capital's candidate to its board, despite "extensive" negotiations.
* OBSIDIAN ENERGY COMMENTS ON STATEMENT BY FRONTFOUR CAPITAL GROUP LLC
* FRONTFOUR CAPITAL GROUP LLC COMMENTS ON RECENT DEVELOPMENTS RELATED TO OBSIDIAN ENERGY
* David Lorber reports 5.6 percent stake in Obsidian Energy Ltd as of November 8 - SEC filing
Canadian oil and gas producer Obsidian Energy, formerly known as Penn West Petroleum Ltd, said on Wednesday it would pay $8.5 million to resolve a lawsuit by U.S. securities regulators accusing it of accounting fraud.
Canadian oil and gas producer Obsidian Energy, the company formerly known as Penn West Petroleum Ltd, announced on Wednesday a $8.5 million settlement with U.S. financial regulators over civil accounting fraud charges filed in June.
* Obsidian Energy announces US$8.5 million settlement with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
* Obsidian Energy announces strong third quarter results and 2018 budget
* Says anticipate five percent production growth in 2018 Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* Edward J. Kernaghan reports a 5.5 pct stake in Obsidian Energy as of Oct 3 - SEC filing
* Obsidian Energy announces second quarter 2017 financial and operational results
Quote and financial data from Refinitiv. Fund performance data provided by Lipper. All quotes delayed a minimum of 15 minutes.