52 Week Range
As of on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange ∙ Minimum 15 minute delay
3M AVG Volume
52 Week High
52 Week Low
Shares Out (MIL)
Market Cap (MIL)
Dividend (Yield %)
Pioneer Food Group Says 3.91% Interest Held By Coronation in Co
Pepsico Targets African Growth With Offer To Acquire Pioneer Foods For About US$1.7 Bln
PepsiCo Plans To Acquire South Africa's Pioneer Foods
Pioneer Food Group Ltd (Pioneer Foods) is a South Africa-based fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) company. The Company's business includes the production, distribution, marketing and selling of a range of food, beverages and related products. The Company's segments include Essential Foods, Groceries and International. Its Essential Foods is a manufacturer of essential and value-added foods in South Africa, and consists of operating divisions, such as wheat, including wheat milling, bakeries and pasta, and other grains, including maize, rice and dried vegetables. Its Groceries segment includes cereals and other, and beverages. Its power brands include Weet-Bix, Liqui-Fruit, Ceres, Sasko, Safari, Spekko and White Star. Its Groceries segment's brands include ProNutro, Moir's, Marmite, Bovril, Redro and Werda. Its Essential Foods segment's brands include Select Rice, Nice Rice, Pasta Grande and Blue Bird. Its International segment's brands include Champion and Bokomo.
Glacier Place 1 Sportica Crescent
Zitulele Luke Combi
Non-Executive Independent Chairman of the Board
Tertius Alwyn Carstens
Chief Executive Officer, Executive Director
Chief Financial Officer, Executive Director
Group Executive - Human Resources
Group Executive - Supply Chain
Price To Earnings (TTM)
Price To Sales (TTM)
Price To Book (MRQ)
Price To Cash Flow (TTM)
Total Debt To Equity (MRQ)
LT Debt To Equity (MRQ)
Return on Investment (TTM)
Return on Equity (TTM)
PepsiCo <PEP.O> has struck a deal to buy South Africa's Pioneer Food Group <PFGJ.J> for $1.7 billion, the companies said on Friday, lifting Pioneer's shares and boosting a sector that has been hit by drought and tough trading conditions.
Emerging market shares rose on Friday and currencies touched a four-month high after comments from a top Federal Reserve official reinforced expectations of a U.S. interest rate cut this month, stoking demand for riskier assets.
South Africa's Pioneer Food Group reported a decline in half-year earnings on Monday, driven down by maize shortages, sending its shares down more than 8 percent.
* HY TOTAL VOLUMES ARE 4.3% HIGHER WHILE GROUP TURNOVER DECREASED BY 2.8% FROM R10.2 BILLION TO R9.9 BILLION
* TOTAL VOLUMES ARE 5.2% HIGHER (4.6% EXCLUDING NIGERIA) WHILE GROUP TURNOVER HAS DECREASED BY 2.4% FOR 3 MONTHS ENDED 31 DEC 2017
* ACQUISITION OF OUTSTANDING 50.1% IN ITS JOINT VENTURE, FROM HEINZ FOODS SA PROPRIETARY LIMITED, A SUBSIDIARY OF KRAFT HEINZ COMPANY.
* JSE: PFG - Unaudited condensed consolidated interim financial statements for the six months ended 31 March 2017
* In addition to finance responsibilities of group, cfo will be accountable for IT and M&A functions of group
* HY HEPS is expected to be between 233.0 cents and 261.5 cents per share compared to 556.4 cents per share year ago Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Bangalore.firstname.lastname@example.org)
* Deal for stake in Weetabix East Africa unconditionally approved by Competition Authority Of Kenya Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* Pioneer food group ltd - earnings per share of company for six month period ending 31 march 2017 is expected to be between 38 pct and 55 pct lower
* Pioneer foods increased group turnover by 5.1 pct for four months to 31 January 2017
* Summary consolidated financial statements for the year ended 30 September 2016
Quote and financial data from Refinitiv. Fund performance data provided by Lipper. All quotes delayed a minimum of 15 minutes.