52 Week Range
As of on the Virt-X ∙ Minimum 15 minute delay
3M AVG Volume
52 Week High
52 Week Low
Shares Out (MIL)
Market Cap (MIL)
Dividend (Yield %)
SGS Acquires DMW Environmental Safety Ltd
SGS SA Says H1 Adjusted Operating Income Up 5.4% On Constant Currency Basis
SGS Acquires 20% Of Shares in Hong Kong’s Vircon Ltd
SGS SA is a Switzerland-based company that provides inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Inspection comprises checking the condition and weight of traded goods at transshipment, quality and quantity control, and compliance with regulatory requirements. Testing services are provided through a global network of testing facilities and test the quality, safety and performance of products against health, safety and regulatory standards. Certification services confirm if products, processes, systems or services are compliant with either national or international standards and regulations or customer defined standards. Verification focuses on ensuring that products and services comply with global standards and local regulations. Additionally, the Company offers training services through SGS Academy.
Place des Alpes 1,
P.O. Box 2152
Acting Independent Non-Executive Chairman of the Board
Chief Executive Officer
Carla De Geyseleer
Chief Financial Officer
Executive Vice President, Agriculture, Food and Life
Executive Vice President, Minerals
Price To Earnings (TTM)
Price To Sales (TTM)
Price To Book (MRQ)
Price To Cash Flow (TTM)
Total Debt To Equity (MRQ)
LT Debt To Equity (MRQ)
Return on Investment (TTM)
Return on Equity (TTM)
* THE COMPANY EMPLOYS APPROXIMATELY 117 SKILLED PEOPLE, AND IS EXPECTED TO HAVE GENERATED REVENUES OF AROUND GBP 6.6 MILLION (CHF 8.1 MILLION) FOR THE YEAR ENDING JUNE 2019 Further company coverage: (Berlin Speed Desk)
Swiss inspections group SGS <SGSN.S> plans to trim its workforce by 2,000 across about 120 countries in a process of natural attrition rather than sudden cuts or corporate restructuring, company spokesman Daniel Rufenacht said on Thursday.
* SGS 2019 HALF YEAR RESULTS: TOTAL REVENUE GREW BY 3.9% AT CONSTANT CURRENCY TO CHF 3.3 BILLION
* SGS ACQUIRES 20 PERCENT OF OUTSTANDING SHARES OF VIRCON LIMITED Source text: https://bit.ly/2xMIre3 Further company coverage: (Berlin Speed Desk)
* SGS ACQUIRES THE ASSETS AND OPERATIONS OF FORENSIC ANALYTICAL LABORATORIES, INC., CA, USA
* SAYS MAINE POINTE HAS A NETWORK OF APPROXIMATELY 200 CONSULTANTS AND GENERATED REVENUE OF MORE THAN USD 70 MILLION IN 2018 Further company coverage: (Berlin Speed Desk)
* SGS SELLS PETROLEUM SERVICES CORPORATION FOR USD 335 MILLION TO AURORA CAPITAL PARTNERS Source text for Eikon: [https://tinyurl.com/yxnfqdft] Further company coverage: (Berlin Speed Desk)
* TDM AEROSPACE SIGNED A PARTNERSHIP AGREEMENT WITH SGS FOR CERTIFICATION AND TESTING SERVICES.
* I2I IS THE LEADING PROVIDER OF ELECTRONIC CERTIFICATES OF ORIGIN IN THE UK
* SGS ACQUIRES CHEMICAL SOLUTIONS LTD., USA Source text: https://bit.ly/2VhNz8s Further company coverage: (Berlin Speed Desk)
* WLN IS A LEADING PROVIDER OF WATER, SOIL AND AIR TESTING SERVICES TO MULTIPLE INDUSTRIES ACROSS INDONESIA Source text for Eikon: [https://tinyurl.com/yxlolxfw] Further company coverage: (Berlin Speed Desk)
* SGS ACQUIRES TESTING, ENGINEERING AND CONSULTING SERVICES, INC., USA Source text for Eikon: [http://tinyurl.com/y4ylakm3] Further company coverage: (Reporting by Berlin Speed Desk)
* ELECTION OF MR. PETER KALANTZIS AS THE CHAIRMAN OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS FOR A TERM OF ONE YEAR ENDING ON THE DATE OF THE 2020 ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Swiss inspections group SGS on Wednesday named former Adecco Group executive Dominik de Daniel as chief financial officer as of mid-February.
* DOMINIK DE DANIEL HAS BEEN APPOINTED CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER REPLACING CARLA DE GEYSELEER WHO HAS RESIGNED FROM HER POSITION
* SGS EXPANDS BIOLOGICS, VIRAL VACCINE, GENE AND CELL THERAPY TESTING CAPABILITIES AT ITS GLASGOW, UK FACILITY
Switzerland's SGS said 2018 profit rose 3.5 percent, as the testing and inspection company said most businesses performed in line with expectations over the year.
* REPURCHASED A TOTAL OF 105,895 REGISTERED SHARES FOR A TOTAL AMOUNT OF APPROXIMATELY CHF 249.9 MILLION, AT AN AVERAGE PURCHASE PRICE OF CHF 2,359.67 PER SHARE Source text: https://www.sgs.com/en/news/2018/12/sgs-completes-share-buyback-program Further company coverage:
* SGS IS PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE AN INVESTMENT IN IMPRINT ANALYTICS, AUSTRIA, AS PART OF A NEW STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIP Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Reporting by Berlin Speed Desk)
* SGS TO EXPAND BIOANALYTICAL TESTING CAPABILITIES IN FRANCE AT ITS POITIERS LABORATORY
Quote and financial data from Refinitiv. Fund performance data provided by Lipper. All quotes delayed a minimum of 15 minutes.