52 Week Range
As of on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange ∙ Minimum 15 minute delay
3M AVG Volume
52 Week High
52 Week Low
Shares Out (MIL)
Market Cap (MIL)
Dividend (Yield %)
Sun International Says Rights Offer At R9.44/Rights Offer Share
Sun International Says Co And GCI Will Retain Their Initial Shareholdings In Sun Slots
Sun International Says Formulated Plans To Restructure Certain Operations Of Business
Sun International Limited is a gaming and hospitality company. The Company owns and operates casino, hotel and resort properties in South Africa, other African countries and Latin America. The Company's operating segments include South Africa, Nigeria, Latam and Management activities. The Company operates or has an interest in a total of over 30 resorts, luxury hotels and casinos in approximately 10 countries. This includes over 10 operations in South Africa, approximately two in Zambia, over two in Lesotho and one each in Botswana, Nigeria, Swaziland and Namibia. The Company's South African properties include GrandWest, Sun City, Sibaya, Carnival City, Boardwalk, The Maslow, Flamingo, Worcester and The Table Bay Hotel. Its Nigerian property is the Federal Palace. The Latam segment comprises Monticello and Ocean Sun Casino. The Company operates a total of approximately 4,790 rooms, over 14,090 slots, approximately 510 tables and over 380 vacation clubs.
Casinos & Gaming
6 Sandown Valley Crescent Sandown
Jabulane Albert Mabuza
Non-Executive Chairman of the Board
Anthony M. Leeming
Chief Executive, Executive Director
Chief Financial Officer, Executive Director
Chief Executive – Sun Dreams S.A
Thabo F. Mosololi
Chief Operating Officer
Price To Earnings (TTM)
Price To Sales (TTM)
Price To Book (MRQ)
Price To Cash Flow (TTM)
Total Debt To Equity (MRQ)
LT Debt To Equity (MRQ)
Return on Investment (TTM)
Return on Equity (TTM)
When Sun International's <SUIJ.J> Times Square Casino in South Africa's administrative capital Pretoria opens its doors again on Monday, following a three-month shutdown, every second slot machine will be off and shields will separate clients.
Sun International's chief executive said on Thursday an unsolicited offer by the South African company's Chilean partner to buy a 50.1% stake in the casino and hotel operator has little chance of success.
Sun International , the owner of South Africa's Sun City resort, said on Thursday it will respond appropriately to a proposed 50.1% stake offer by its Chilean merger partner once there is a firm intention to make an offer or an actual offer.
* Sun International shares surge 22% (Adds quote, details about buyer, Sun's shareholder opposing deal)
Chile's Nueva Inversiones Pacifico Sur (IPS) has made a proposal to Sun International <SUIJ.J> to buy 50.1% of the South African hotel and casino operator for 22 rand ($1.27) a share, it said on Wednesday.
Sun International said on Wednesday it will shut two properties and reduce staffing at others as the South African hotel and casino operator grapples with the coronavirus crisis. The company, in an investor presentation, said it will close its Sun Carousel and Naledi properties...
* SUN INTERNATIONAL- 2020 TRADING TO MID MARCH REFLECTING SIMILAR TRENDS TO 2019 WITH LOW REVENUE GROWTH, MARGIN IMPROVEMENT & EARNINGS GROWTH
South Africa's Sun International said on Tuesday that it will close all of its casinos in Chile, along with its hotels and food and beverage operations, in response to instructions received from Chilean gambling authorities.
* Clients are cancelling conferences, events over gathering bans
South African hotel and casino operator Sun International reported a 91% jump in adjusted full-year earnings, boosted by lower interest and a significantly lower tax rate.
South Africa's Sun International expects an investigation into a shareholder dispute at its Nigerian operation to be completed shortly, paving the way for the casino and hotel operator to finally exit that market, it said on Monday.
South Africa's Sun International on Monday reported a 46 percent fall in half-year earnings hurt by subdued growth locally and in Chile as well as one-off costs.
* REG-KAMBI GROUP PLC SIGNS SPORTSBOOK DEAL WITH GAMING OPERATOR SUN INTERNATIONAL LIMITED Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Gdynia Newsroom)
* DUE TO PRACTICALITY OF RUNNING A RIGHTS OFFER PROCESS OVER A DEC/ JAN PERIOD, DECISION REGARDING CAPITAL RAISE EXERCISE TO BE RE-ASSESSED EARLY NEXT YEAR Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* UNIT SUN DREAMS S.A. HAS ENTERED INTO AND CONCLUDED SHARE PURCHASE AGREEMENT WITH THUNDERBIRD RESORTS INC. AND CASINOS PERUANOS
South Africa's Sun International is looking to sell certain assets it has in the Ocean Sun Casino in Panama and is planning to exit the Sun Nao Casino in Colombia, the casino and hotel operator's chief executive said on Monday.
* SUN INTERNATIONAL LTD - HY GROUP REVENUE INCREASED BY 19% FROM R6.4 BILLION TO R7.6 BILLION
* SEES HY BASIC EPS LOSS OF 56 CENTS PER SHARE TO 62 CENTS PER SHARE VERSUS EARNINGS PROFIT OF 32 CENTS PER SHARE YEAR AGO
* HY TOTAL GROUP REVENUE INCREASED BY 19% FROM R6.4 BILLION TO R7.7 BILLION
Quote and financial data from Refinitiv. Fund performance data provided by Lipper. All quotes delayed a minimum of 15 minutes.