52 Week Range
As of on the New York Stock Exchange ∙ Minimum 15 minute delay
3M AVG Volume
52 Week High
52 Week Low
Shares Out (MIL)
Market Cap (MIL)
Dividend (Yield %)
Varian Medical Systems Says CEO Dow Wilson's 2019 Total Compensation Was $9.4 Mln Versus $10.3 Mln In 2018
Varian Medical Systems Inc Announces Updates To Previously Reported GAAP Preliminary Financial Results For Its Q4 & Full Fiscal Year 2019
Varian Medical Systems Reports Q4 Non-GAAP Earnings Per Share Of $1.21
Varian Medical Systems, Inc. is a manufacturer of medical devices and software for treating cancer and other medical conditions with radiotherapy, cardiac radioablation, radiosurgery, proton therapy and brachytherapy. The Company also has Varian Particle Therapy (VPT) and the operations of the Ginzton Technology Center (GTC). Its VPT business develops, designs, manufactures, sells and services products and systems for delivering proton therapy, another form of external beam radiotherapy using proton beams for the treatment of cancer. Its ProBeam system is capable of delivering intensity modulated proton therapy (IMPT) using pencil beam scanning technology. Its ProBeam Compact is a single room proton therapy product. Through its subsidiary, Cooperative CL Enterprises, the Company distributes radiotherapy equipments in Taiwan.
3100 Hansen Way Bldg 4A
R. Andrew Eckert
Independent Chairman of the Board
Dow R. Wilson
President, Chief Executive Officer, Director
Gary E. Bischoping
President - Interventional Solutions
Timothy E. Guertin
Independent Vice Chairman of the board
J. Michael Bruff
Chief Financial Officer, Senior Vice President - Finance
Price To Earnings (TTM)
Price To Sales (TTM)
Price To Book (MRQ)
Price To Cash Flow (TTM)
Total Debt To Equity (MRQ)
LT Debt To Equity (MRQ)
Return on Investment (TTM)
Return on Equity (TTM)
Liver cancer treatment maker Sirtex Medical <SRX.AX> said on Monday that the U.S. Federal Trade Commission cleared its $1.4 billion buyout by a Chinese consortium, clearing a major hurdle for the deal to go through.
Australia's Sirtex Medical <SRX.AX> has picked the highest bidder in a takeover battle for the liver cancer specialist, going with a $1.4 billion Chinese offer that trumped U.S. company Varian Medical Systems <VAR.N>.
Varian Medical Systems <VAR.N> said it would not increase its offer to buy Australian liver cancer treatment provider Sirtex Medical Ltd <SRX.AX> after Sirtex on Tuesday said Chinese private equity firm CDH Investments had submitted a formal bid.
* VARIAN NOTIFIES SIRTEX IT WILL NOT SUBMIT A COUNTERPROPOSAL TO COMPETING BID
* VARIAN MEDICAL SYSTEMS INC - ACQUIRED COOPERATIVE CL ENTERPRISES, A DISTRIBUTOR OF RADIOTHERAPY EQUIPMENT IN TAIWAN Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
Chinese private equity firm CDH Investments lobbed a last-minute $1.4 billion offer for Australian liver-cancer treatment firm Sirtex Medical <SRX.AX>, trumping Varian Medical Systems <VAR.N> days before the U.S. firm was set to seal a takeover deal.
Australia's Sirtex Medical said on Friday China's CDH Investments has made an offer to buy all shares of the company for A$1.87 billion ($1.41 billion), or A$33.6 per share, in cash.
* WILL REMOVE SIRTEX MEDICAL LTD FROM THE S&P/ASX 200 AFTER CO IS ACQUIRED BY VARIAN MEDICAL SYSTEMS, INC Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* VARIAN REPORTS RESULTS FOR SECOND QUARTER OF FISCAL YEAR 2018
* VARIAN CALYPSO ANCHORED BEACON TRANSPONDER FOR LUNG RECEIVES FDA 510K CLEARANCE Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* REPLACED $600 MILLION REVOLVING CREDIT FACILITY WITH REVOLVING CREDIT FACILITY, TERMINATED CREDIT AGREEMENT ENTERED ON SEPT 1, 2017
* ANNOUNCES FIRB HAS DECIDED THAT COMMONWEALTH OF AUSTRALIA HAS NO OBJECTION TO VARIAN MEDICAL SYSTEMS TO ACQUIRE SIRTEX Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* SAYS IT PLANS TO INCREASE INVESTMENT IN U.S. UNIT SD MEDICAL SYSTEM INC BY $50 MILLION TO $100 MILLION Source text in Chinese: https://bit.ly/2DVj3n1 Further company coverage: (Reporting by Hong Kong newsroom)
* VARIAN ACQUIRES EVINANCE INNOVATION, INC. Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* VARIAN HALCYON TREATMENT SYSTEM RECEIVES AERB CERTIFICATE FOR IMPORT & SUPPLY IN INDIA
* VARIAN SAYS IT HAS ACQUIRED PRIVATELY-HELD MOBIUS MEDICAL SYSTEMS Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
U.S. cancer-treatment company Varian Medical Systems is buying Australian liver-cancer treatment maker Sirtex Medical for $1.3 billion, the latest in a wave of big M&A deals sweeping the global healthcare sector.
Sirtex Medical Ltd said on Tuesday it has struck a deal with Varian Medical Systems under which Varian agreed to buy the Australian medical device company in a deal that valued it at about A$1.6 billion ($1.29 billion).
* ACQUISITION HAS BEEN UNANIMOUSLY APPROVED BY BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF EACH COMPANY Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* ENTERED BINDING SCHEME IMPLEMENTATION DEED WITH VARIAN MEDICAL SYSTEMS; VARIAN TO ACQUIRE SIRTEX BY WAY OF A SCHEME OF ARRANGEMENT
Quote and financial data from Refinitiv. Fund performance data provided by Lipper. All quotes delayed a minimum of 15 minutes.