April 26 Gold prices climbed on Friday, as signs
of weak global growth rekindled investor interest in the
safe-haven metal, keeping it on track for its first weekly gain
in five, ahead of U.S. GDP data.
* GRAPHIC-2019 asset returns: http://tmsnrt.rs/2jvdmXl
* Nasdaq and S&P 500 hit record closing highs last session
* Palladium resumes fall having dropped as much as 3.5% on
* Speculators switch to net short in COMEX gold last week -
April 18 Gold traded near its lowest level since
end-December on Thursday as indications that the global economy
might not be as pain-stricken as previously feared prompted
investors to take risks ahead of a slew of economic data.
* SPDR Gold holdings fall to near six-month lows
* SPDR gold holdings slip to lowest since early-Nov
* Gold specs raise net longs in week to April 9 - CFTC
MUMBAI/BENGALURU Physical gold demand perked up in top bullion consumer China on a dip in prices and optimism surrounding a U.S.-China trade deal, while buying picked up pace in the Indian market as domestic rates fell ahead of a key festival.