Sept 20 Gold edged higher on Friday, heading for
its first weekly rise in four, as investors focused on Middle
East tensions while palladium hit a record peak on short supply.
* U.S., Gulf allies discuss possible response to Saudi
* Oil prices ease after surge on Saudi attack
Gold rose on Tuesday, propped up by expectations for an interest rate cut by the U.S. Federal Reserve, but traded within a relatively narrow range as investors awaited further clarity on the central bank's stance on future monetary policy.
* $1,480 a key support level for gold -analysts
* Near-term support for gold sits around $1,500/oz - analyst
BENGALURU/MUMBAI Physical gold demand picked up slightly in most Asian hubs this week as a drop in prices spurred some interest, but failed to stoke significant demand as buyers awaited steeper dips.
* Indian dealers offer discount of $51, highest in over 3
* Palladium hits $1,600/oz, up for 4th session
* Fundamental backdrop still broadly gold supportive