* H1 pre-tax profit A$432.5 mln vs A$450 mln analyst
SYDNEY Australian vitamin maker Blackmores Ltd said it would review its China business and issued a surprise profit warning, citing soft consumer demand on the mainland, sending its shares down the most since listing three decades ago.
* Shares mark biggest daily percentage drop since 1985
(Recasts on China review, updates shares)
* Westpac 2019 Q1 profit A$2.04 bln, implied 2018 Q1 A$2.13
* Treasury H1 net profit A$219.2 mln vs A$187.2 mln prior
* Company upgrades FY guidance to top of $1.88-1.95 bln
SYDNEY Australia's Macquarie Group on Tuesday outlined the global ambitions of its new chief executive as it tracks toward a record annual profit thanks to its diversified business model, which helped offset losses from recent global market volatility.
SYDNEY The head of Australia's sovereign wealth fund criticized National Australia Bank Ltd on Monday for the double resignation of its CEO and chairman after a misconduct inquiry, saying it was "not good practice" for both to go at once.
* Former NSW premier Baird seen as favourite
(Updates shares, adds candidate names, updates investor quote)
SYDNEY The chief executive and chairman of Australia's fourth-largest bank NAB are quitting, the biggest scalps following a major inquiry that leveled blistering criticism at the country's financial sector for widespread misconduct. | Video