LONDON European insurers are snapping up more emerging-market debt, spurred on by worries that negative-yielding bonds in Europe might not offer enough returns to meet their future payments.
LONDON Emerging market central banks accelerated interest rate cuts in July, with policymakers rushing to trim benchmarks as major central banks including the U.S. Federal Reserve and the European Central Bank adopted a more dovish tone.
LONDON, Aug 2 European stocks posted their
biggest drop of 2019 on Friday and bond yields tumbled to
record lows after U.S. President Donald Trump fired another
trade war salvo at China, sparking a frenzied dash for
* Trump to impose 10% tariffs on rest of U.S. imports from
LONDON World Bank funding instruments issued to help emerging countries swiftly tackle pandemics have come under the spotlight after the latest deadly Ebola outbreak has yet to trigger a payout.
* Chinese June factory activity shrinks for third straight
* China June factory activity shrinks for third straight
LONDON, July 24 Emerging market borrowers are
loading up with record amounts of euro-denominated debt in
anticipation of even more deeply negative interest rates and
protracted easy money from the European Central Bank.
* Sterling falls nearly 0.5% on increasing no-deal Brexit
* Media report puts 25 bps Fed rate cut expectations back in