* S&P 500 e-minis rose by 3.5 points or 0.11
9,725 contracts changing hands.
* S&P 500 e-minis rose by 6.5 points or 0.2 percent,
18,470 contracts changing hands.
* S&P 500 e-minis fell by 29 points or 0.88 percent,
23,654 contracts changing hands.
* S&P 500 e-minis fell by 1.25 points or 0.04
with 3,425 contracts changing hands.
Jan 17 * The Toronto Stock Exchange's TSX rises 0.42 percent to 17,559.02
* Leading the index were Ballard Power Systems Inc, up 9.3%, Interfor Corp,
up 8.4%, and Norbord Inc, higher by 7.7%.
* Lagging shares were Hexo Corp, down 9.1%, Bombardier Inc, down 8.2%, and
Ag Growth International Inc, lower by 4.6%.
* On the TSX 144 issues rose and 87 fell as a 1.7-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 42
new highs and no new lows, with total volume of 224.7 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Bombardier Inc, Aurora Cannabis Inc
and Encana Corp.
* The TSX's energy group fell 1.29 points, or 0.9%, while the financials sector
climbed 1.47 points, or 0.5%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 0.31%, or $0.18, to $58.7 a barrel. Brent
crude rose 0.57% , or $0.37, to $64.99
* The TSX is up 2.9% for the year.
* S&P 500 e-minis rose by 4.5 points or 0.14
5,062 contracts changing hands.
* S&P 500 e-minis fell by 17 points or 0.53 percent,
13,348 contracts changing hands.
* S&P 500 e-minis rose by 1.75 points or 0.05
with 2,645 contracts changing hands.
* S&P 500 e-minis rose by 1 points or 0.03 percent,
2,519 contracts changing hands.
By Lynx Insight Service
* Paychex Inc reported 70 cents per share for the
quarter ended in November. The mean expectation of 19 analysts
for the quarter that ended in November was for earnings of
68 cents per share.
* Revenue rose 15.3% to $990.70 million from a year ago;
analysts expected $987.65 million.
* Paychex Inc's Reported EPS for the quarter was 72 cents.
* The mean earnings estimate of analysts had fallen by about 1%
in the last three months.
* In the last 30 days there have been no earnings estimate
revisions by analysts covering the company.
* Paychex Inc shares had risen by 2.9% this quarter and
gained 30.8% so far this year.
* The company reported quarterly net income of $258.7 million.
* Wall Street's median 12-month price target for Paychex Inc is
$84.00, about 3.9% below its recent price of $87.25.
* The current average analyst rating on the shares is "hold" and
the breakdown of recommendations is 2 "strong buy" or "buy," 15
"hold" and 3 "sell" or "strong sell."
This summary was machine generated December 18 at 02:30 p.m.