* GRAPHIC-Gold vs currencies: http://tmsnrt.rs/1JxbO6Y
BENGALURU Demand for rice from top exporter India was subdued as buyers delayed purchases despite a dip in prices to four-month lows this week, while restricted supply kept rates for the Vietnamese variety at their highest in two months.
* SPDR Gold Holdings fell on Tuesday, still near 3-year
Oct 15 Gold steadied on Tuesday, moving in a
tight range, after hopes of progress in U.S-China trade talks
were tempered and ahead of a summit that will determine how
Britain leaves the European Union.
Oct 14 Gold firmed on Monday as a lack of
clarity on U.S.-China trade ties pushed investors back to safe
havens and drove a retreat in stock markets, while palladium
continued its record run to notch up a fresh all-time high.
* U.S.-China trade talks set for Oct. 10-11 in Washington
(Updates prices, adds comments and details)
* FOMC minutes due at 1800 GMT Wednesday
(Updates prices, adds comments and detail)
* German industrial orders fall more than expected in August
* Palladium to post weekly loss after eight straight weekly
Oct 3 Gold jumped more than 1% to its highest in
a week on Thursday as weak U.S. data deepened concerns over
economic growth and bolstered bets for further interest rate
cuts by the Federal Reserve.