* Top smelter says funds are for working capital, loan
* Charges fall on tight supply, rising smelting capacity
(Add smelter's comment)
SHANGHAI, Nov 20 China's scrap metal body is
working with the Shanghai Futures Exchange (ShFE) to have scrap
copper listed as a tradable product, the head of the industry
association said on Wednesday.
* Low sulphuric acid price adds pressure on smelters
(Recasts, adds details from Daye Nonferrous Metals in paragraph
QINGDAO, China, Nov 14 China Hongqiao Group
, the world's biggest aluminium supplier, will move
almost a third of its smelting capacity to Yunnan in southwest
China from Shandong province, its chairman said on Thursday,
cutting its reliance on coal-fired power.
SHANGHAI/QINGDAO, Nov 14 China's aluminium
production in October fell 0.7% from the previous month,
official data showed on Thursday, as smelter shutdowns continued
to weigh on output.
* Mining quota at 132,000 T, smelting and separation at
* Export ban to limit China's NPI production, boost
* GEM to need 36,000 tonnes of cobalt for battery ops in
(Adds details on nickel and cobalt needed by GEM, quotes,
details on plant output targets)
BEIJING, Nov 4 Zijin Mining
, one of China's biggest gold producers, said on Monday
it would buy partner Freeport McMoran Inc's copper-gold assets
in Serbia for up to $390 million, substantially boosting its
resources of both metals.