WASHINGTON A U.S. court temporarily blocked the Trump administration from delaying or ending an Obama-era rule aimed at preventing oil and gas leaks during production, according to court documents, marking the fourth time either Congress or the courts have upheld the rule's implementation.
- Who sucks? EU mocks Gove 'green Brexit' talk on plastic straws
- Trump calls meeting on biofuels policy blamed by bankrupt refiner
- Radical change urged over 20 years to attain climate goals: institute
- In shift, Germany now eyes limited bans on diesel cars: report
- Norway to spend $13 million to upgrade 'doomsday' Arctic seed vault
Recent Environment News
OSLO Norway's $1 trillion sovereign wealth fund, the world's largest, will generally shun investments in energy sources such as coal that are unlikely to be needed in a future low-carbon society, it said on Friday.
LONDON Britain is backing a hedge fund that aims to raise $200 million to give developing countries access to climate risk insurance.
DAR ES SALAAM Five more suspects were charged in a Tanzanian court on Friday for the murder of prominent conservationist Wayne Lotter, bringing to eight the total number of people arraigned over the killing.
(This story corrects paragraph 35 to read "advance class" instead of "H-Class" in Feb 23 story.)