SINGAPORE Singapore-headquartered solar panel maker REC hopes to be exempt from potential U.S. restrictions on imports following a recent trade finding that said no significant injury to the United States had been caused by makers including those from Australia, Canada and Singapore.
- Monsanto sues Arkansas over proposed herbicide limits
- EPA abandons changes to U.S. biofuel program after lawmaker pressure
- South Koreans' support for nuclear projects deals blow to government energy plan
- U.S. EPA to shrink response time for permit requests: Pruitt
- Residents of shrinking U.S. island reject 'climate victim' label
Recent Environment News
TOKYO Typhoon Lan with heavy rains and destructive winds is expected to hit southern Japan on Sunday when the nation holds a national election, forcing officials in Okinawa to stage voting a day early on some remote islands.
MEXICO CITY Since two massive earthquakes hit Mexico in September, claiming more than 460 lives, an early warning start-up called SkyAlert has doubled its users to 5.8 million, making it one of the country's most downloaded apps. | Video
NEW DELHI Air pollution in New Delhi hit 18 times the healthy limit on Friday under a thick, toxic haze after a night of fireworks to celebrate the Hindu festival of Diwali - despite a court-ordered ban on their sales. | Video
The California Department of Insurance said on Thursday its preliminary estimate for insured wildfire losses was $1.05 billion, based on claims received by the state's eight largest insurers, adding that it expected the numbers to rise.