LOS ANGELES California firefighting crews may face strong winds on Thursday that could feed a volatile wildfire which has grown into one of the biggest in state history.
- EPA seeks input to rework rule on lead in drinking water
- Oasis star Liam Gallagher lends voice to Christmas climate change campaign
- U.S. weather forecaster sees La Niña chances exceeding 80 percent
- Hungary plans big boost in solar power generation
- China's industrial heartland struggles in Beijing's fight against smog
Recent Environment News
U.S. solar installations will fall more than expected this year, according to an industry report released on Thursday, due to weakened demand for residential systems and delays on large projects over concerns that President Donald Trump will impose tariffs on imported panels, increasing costs.
LONDON The amount of medicinal products containing illegal wildlife tissue seized by EU authorities has risen sharply in the last six years, according to monitoring group TRAFFIC and includes items from a range of animals including tigers, bears and snakes. | Video
BRUSSELS Poland will respect the ruling of the European Union's top court on whether the government can continue logging in the primeval forest of Bialowieza that is under an EU environment protection plan, Poland's Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki said.
PARIS L'Oreal is launching its first wholly plant-based hair dye as cosmetics companies look to win over customers who are becoming increasingly wary of chemical ingredients.