LONDON An unlisted Swiss biotech company focused on developing "armed antibodies" to fight cancer has raised $200 million in a funding round backed by AstraZeneca and other private backers.
- Bulgaria reports two outbreaks of H5 bird flu: OIE
- GSK wins U.S. shingles vaccine approval, UK nod for gene therapy
- Heart health disparities take toll on African-Americans
- Listeria risk prompts Meijer to recall produce in six U.S. states
- Novartis gets FDA breakthrough status for Tafinlar, Mekinist combination
WASHINGTON U.S. Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell said on Sunday he was willing to bring healthcare legislation up for a vote but was waiting for the go-ahead from President Donald Trump, who sent mixed signals last week about a bipartisan bill that would shore up insurance markets.
GENEVA/LONDON Zimbabwean President Robert Mugabe has been removed as a goodwill ambassador, the World Health Organization said on Sunday, following outrage among Western donors and rights groups at his appointment. | Video
MORGANTOWN, West Virginia A shortage of nurses at U.S. hospitals hit West Virginia's Charleston Area Medical Center at the worst possible time. | Video
BOSTON A federal prosecutor told jurors on Friday that a Massachusetts pharmacist gambled with patients' lives by making drugs in unsafe ways that led to a deadly 2012 fungal meningitis outbreak, but a defense lawyer said he was no murderer.