FRANKFURT AstraZeneca has stepped up its investment in messenger RNA drugs, a promising approach in genetic therapy, by spending more than 25 million euros ($29 million) on a research alliance with German biotech start-up Ethris.
- Belgian biscuit maker recalls products amid contaminated eggs scare: TV
- U.S. study revives argument over mammogram screening
- In health push, Singapore gets soda makers to cut sugar content
- Drugmaker Hikma's U.S. unit raises medicine prices: Financial Times
- Britain's Creo receives speedy FDA approval for its endoscopic device
LONDON Novartis is taking aim at drug-resistant malaria – a growing global problem – by launching clinical trials of the first new antimalarial medicine for many years in nine countries across Africa and Asia.
SEOUL Samsung Bioepis Co Ltd said on Monday it will fund and develop multiple original drugs in partnership with Japan's Takeda Pharmaceutical Co Ltd, expanding its business scope beyond copies of existing biologic drugs.
A federal jury has cleared Bayer AG and Johnson & Johnson of liability in the third case to go to trial out of thousands of lawsuits claiming the drugmakers' blood thinner Xarelto led to severe internal bleeding.
BOSTON Insys Therapeutics Inc has agreed to pay $4.45 million to resolve a lawsuit by Illinois' attorney general claiming it deceptively marketed an addictive fentanyl-based cancer pain drug for off-label uses.