BRUSSELS European Union privacy regulators will discuss ride-hailing app Uber's [UBER.UL] massive data breach cover-up next week and could create a task-force to coordinate investigations.
Recent Technology News
The additional funding round, led by Alphabet Inc's CapitalG, is an extension of the $1 billion round announced in October.
SYDNEY Amazon.com Inc's Australian arm began an order-taking trial on Thursday, giving life to the hype which has preceded its arrival in the world's No. 12 economy and weighed on the shares of the brick-and-mortar retail sector.
BANGKOK Bangkok's famous street-food vendors have joined the digital revolution, embracing payment via Quick Response (QR) barcodes that can be read using smartphones.
HONG KONG Chinese artificial intelligence (AI) start-up SenseTime Group, valued at more than $2 billion, is planning an IPO and aims to open a U.S. research and development center as early as next year, its founder told Reuters.
HELSINKI Angry Birds maker Rovio Entertainment fell short of market expectations for quarterly sales and profit on Thursday, sparking a near 20 percent fall in the Finnish firm's shares.
- UK consumer confidence slumps to post-Brexit vote low - YouGov/Cebr
- Asian shares off 10-year peak, eyes on China markets
- Despite grim Brexit budget, Hammond hushes critics for now
- Brexit putting Europe's UK friendship to the test - ECB's Villeroy
- Unilever drafts in search firm to look for new CEO - Sky News
- UK shop sales rebound in November, but price pressures rampant - CBI
- Chinese airlines court Cathay pilots facing pay squeeze
- EU privacy regulators to discuss Uber hack next week
- Mitsubishi Materials shares untraded after saying units falsified product data
- U.S. oil hits two-year high on pipeline outage, lower inventories