Apple Inc on Friday said component failure in a limited number of MacBook Pros has caused built-in battery to expand, adding, it will offer worldwide free replacement for such batteries.
Recent Technology News
BERLIN/FRANKFURT Facebook's attempt to limit fallout from a massive data breach hit trouble in Germany on Friday as a privacy watchdog opened a case against the social network and politicians accused its bosses of evasion.
LONDON Trading activity on cryptocurrency exchanges has halved from its December peak, industry data shows, as retail interest in the virtual coins declines and the prices of many remain far below their recent highs.
BEIJING A state-backed Chinese trade body said compliance is now a core risk for Chinese firms and that the government must speed up the implementation of guidelines on corporate oversight following a U.S. ban on sales to ZTE Corp.
SAN FRANCISCO Companies that buy and sell consumer data are preparing for increased scrutiny from U.S. lawmakers after a scandal over how social network Facebook handles personal information, Acxiom Corp's chief executive said on Friday.
Photo management platform SmugMug said on Friday it has agreed to buy image and video-hosting website Flickr for an undisclosed amount.
- Take Five - World markets themes for the week ahead
- ECB warns banks, auditors over use of new accounting rule-paper
- EU, Mexico reach initial agreement on updated free trade deal
- Europe not choosing sides in U.S.-China trade dispute
- Nissan to cut hundreds of jobs at UK plant as diesel demand slides - source
- Trump's next $100 billion tariff dilemma - hit Wal-Mart or Apple Store?
- Ireland's Smyths Toys to buy Toys 'R' Us in Germany, Austria, Switzerland
- U.S. regulator permits China's ZTE to submit more evidence
- Ford tells WPP it will take bids from other ad agencies
- Multiple 'No' votes at Deutsche Bank's April 8 meet to change CEO - sources