FRANKFURT Volkswagen's Porsche will stop offering diesel versions of its cars, the unit's chief executive told a weekly newspaper, responding to ever tougher requirements to curb CO2 emissions.
WASHINGTON The Senate Judiciary Committee has given Christine Blasey Ford's lawyers until the end of Friday to agree on terms for her to testify about her sexual assault allegations against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, Politico reported, citing a Republican senator.
WASHINGTON The U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee will hold a vote on confirmation of Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh on Monday if no deal was reached by 10 p.m. EDT Friday (0200 GMT Saturday) on how Christine Blasey Ford, who has accused Kavanaugh of sexual assault, would testify, the panel's chairman said.
LONDON/FRANKFURT Calsonic Kansei has lined up around 5 billion euros (4.5 billion pounds) in financing from Japanese banks to fund its proposed acquisition of Fiat Chrysler's unit Magneti Marelli, four sources familiar with the matter said.
TOKYO Business confidence among Japan's big manufacturers was expected to have edged up in the three months to September, although trade worries cloud the outlook, a Reuters poll found ahead of the central bank's quarterly sentiment survey.
NEW YORK Oil prices eased on Thursday, pulling back after U.S. President Donald Trump urged OPEC to increase production at its meeting in Algeria, and slowing bullish momentum that had previously propelled the market toward four-year highs.
LONDON Luxury British carmaker maker Aston Martin is seeking a price tag of up to 5.1 billion pounds in its stock market debut next month and has geared up for any Brexit outcome, it said on Thursday. | Video
Carmaker Volkswagen AG rejected on Thursday a report suggesting it had decided against doing business in Iran after coming under pressure from Donald Trump's ambassador to Germany, saying its position on the country had not changed.
VIENNA There has been no progress on Brexit and the Irish border, leaders of Lithuania and Slovakia said after a European Union leaders' dinner at which British Prime Minister Theresa May gave a speech on her country's secession from the bloc.
- Comcast outbids Fox with 30.6 billion pounds winning offer for Sky |
- May vows to hold nerve after Brexit talks hit impasse
- Supreme Court nominee Kavanaugh's accuser tentatively agrees to testify on Thursday - media |
- Rouhani says U.S. wants to cause insecurity in Iran but will not succeed
- Explainer - Why nuclear disclosure is key first step in North Korea's denuclearisation
- German coalition's future at stake as parties again try to resolve spymaster affair
- U.S. says won't hesitate to impose sanctions over fuel to North Korea
- Boutique firm Robey Warshaw delivered Comcast's knockout blow for Sky
- Survivor pulled from capsized Tanzanian ferry as death toll reaches 218 |
- Vatican, China sign landmark accord on appointing bishops |