FRANKFURT German luxury carmaker Audi's management board, including Chief Executive Rupert Stadler, has been sharply criticised by company managers, Bild am Sonntag reported on Sunday, citing an internal dossier.
BRATISLAVA The union representing workers at Volkswagen's Slovak factories said on Saturday it was close to agreeing a wage deal with management to end a five-day strike that has hit production at the country's biggest private employer.
DETROIT Honda Motor Co on Friday released a 2013 email in which one of its engineers suggested that he knew some hidden truth about "the root cause" of Takata Corp air bag failures, but the engineer later said he was mistaken.
NEW YORK General Motors Co has agreed to settle federal lawsuits by as many as 203 plaintiffs over defective ignition switches in its vehicles, a Friday court filing shows.
MEXICO CITY A second U-turn this year by Ford Motor Co in Mexico has raised the spectre of Chinese competition for local carmaking, adding to pressure on the industry after repeated threats by U.S. President Donald Trump to saddle it with punitive tariffs.
WOLFSBURG, Germany Volkswagen is reducing the workforce at its core division more rapidly than planned, its human resources chief said, helping the brand make progress on cost cuts needed to revive the business.
LONDON Minerals company Cobalt 27 Capital Corp made its debut on Canada's Venture Exchange on Friday, raising C$200 million (118.40 million pounds) in a listing that offers investors exposure to cobalt, a key metal for batteries in electric cars.
JOHANNESBURG Ford Motor Co is recalling nearly 16,000 Ikon and Figo models in South Africa due to a potential fire risk, it said on Friday.
BERLIN German carmaker Volkswagen has agreed to buy back diesel cars equipped with illicit emissions control software after deciding not to appeal a German court ruling backing plaintiffs' calls for compensation.
BERLIN The United States has issued international arrest warrants for five former Volkswagen managers accused of wrongdoing in connection with the carmaker's diesel emissions-cheating scandal, Sueddeutsche Zeitung reported on Thursday.
- London tower blocks evacuated as 34 buildings fail fire tests
- Some UK ministers want Hammond as caretaker PM - Sunday Times
- Labour's Corbyn puts politics centre stage at Glastonbury Festival
- Syria says Israel strike kills civilians
- British lawmakers hit by 'sustained' cyber attack
- Firefighters battle blaze at low-rise building in east London
- UK to maintain duty-free access for developing countries after Brexit
- Albanians vote in crucial test for EU membership hopes
- Arconic knowingly supplied flammable panels for use in tower - emails
- Police brace for trouble as far-right and anti-racist groups protest