TEL AVIV The Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi alliance's new venture capital fund has agreed five investments in four months totalling $50 million (37 million pounds) and will present another to its supervisory board next week, the fund's head said.
BEIJING Washington neared a deal to lift its ban on U.S. firms supplying Chinese telecoms gear maker ZTE Corp, sources said on Tuesday, and Beijing announced tariff cuts on car imports, further easing trade tensions between the world's two largest economies.
MOSCOW Russia's standards agency said on Tuesday it had been informed about the voluntary recall of 11,003 Audi cars sold since last year.
LONDON Luxury British carmaker Aston Martin remained in the black in the first quarter of 2018, although pretax profit fell due to a weaker dollar and investment on a series of model launches.
LONDON Canadian businessman Michael Latifi, whose son Nicholas currently races in Formula Two, has bought a stake of around 10 percent in the McLaren Group that includes the Formula One team.
HELSINKI HMD Global, the Finnish company that owns the right to use the Nokia brand on phones, has raised $100 million of funding intended to boost growth, it said on Monday.
SEOUL South Korea's Hyundai Motor Group has shelved a restructuring plan which would have given the son of its ageing chairman more control of the conglomerate, following opposition from investors including U.S. hedge fund Elliott Management Corp.
WASHINGTON Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV shares fell more than 3 percent in New York trading on Friday amid investor concern about allegations mounted in court filings over alleged excess diesel emissions.
LONDON BMW is expanding a recall of vehicles in Britain, which it launched last week, by 88,000 cars to a total of 390,000, in the wake of a BBC investigation which found that some vehicles could cut out completely while being driven.
FRANKFURT Daimler will invest 500 million euros (436.7 million pounds) in Hambach, France, to start producing a small compact electric Mercedes-Benz in addition to its electric cars currently manufactured there for the Smart brand.
- May joins families to remember Manchester pop concert victims
- M&S to close 100 UK stores by 2022 as it speeds-up change
- Foreign media arrive in North Korea, suggesting nuclear shutdown on track |
- Uber pulls up in Japan with taxi-hailing service
- Facebook's Zuckerberg faces EU Parliament grilling |
- Heavy casualties as blast rocks Afghan city of Kandahar
- Investors turn up heat on Shell over climate targets
- FTSE builds on record as financials, miners advance
- China slashes auto import tariffs in boost to BMW, Tesla
- Ousted Malaysian government accused of covering up scandal at state fund