Reuters - Video

Edition: US | UK | IN | CN | JP

video Entertainment

Sony pulls Spacey film from festival, going ahead with December release

Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 01:17

Sony Pictures withdraws Kevin Spacey movie from a Los Angeles film festival amid sexual misconduct allegations. Ben Gruber reports.

▲ Hide Transcript

View Transcript

A movie starring Kevin Spacey has been withdrawn from competition at a Los Angeles Film festival following sexual misconduct allegations against the veteran actor. The film, "All the Money in the World" directed by Ridley Scott was due to have a red carpet world premiere at the American Film Institute's (AFI) annual festival in Los Angeles on Nov. 16. Sony Pictures has said that the movie will be released as planned in late December In a statement - Sony said "It would be a gross injustice to punish all of them for the wrongdoings of one supporting actor in the film." Spacey's representatives did not return a request for comment on Monday regarding Sony's decision. Reuters was unable to independently confirm any of the allegations. Spacey apologized last month to actor Anthony Rapp, who accused him of trying to seduce him in 1986 when Rapp was 14 years old. Last week, Netflix severed ties with Spacey putting the next season of the company's popular show "House of Cards" in limbo. Netflix also said it has no plans to release the movie "Gore" which also starred the embroiled actor.

Press CTRL+C (Windows), CMD+C (Mac), or long-press the URL below on your mobile device to copy the code

Sony pulls Spacey film from festival, going ahead with December release

Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 01:17