Stephen Hester appointed to Northern Rock board
LONDON (Reuters) - Chancellor Alistair Darling said on Monday that Stephen Hester had been appointed as a non-executive deputy chairman of the newly-nationalised Northern Rock.
Darling said Ron Sandler, the man put in charge of Northern Rock NRK.L after it was nationalised on Sunday, has asked Hester on Monday if he would join the board. Hester is the chief executive of British Land (BLND.L) and a former chief financial officer of Abbey National ANL_p.L.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Putin admits Russian forces were deployed to Crimea
- Captain of stricken Korean ferry may not have been on bridge - investigator |
- UPDATE 7-Tennis-Monte Carlo Masters men's singles round 3 results
- Search for Malaysia jet refocuses on drone scans of sea floor
- Singer Chris Brown's bodyguard on trial for assault