Stephen Hester appointed to Northern Rock board
LONDON (Reuters) - Chancellor Alistair Darling said on Monday that Stephen Hester had been appointed as a non-executive deputy chairman of the newly-nationalised Northern Rock.
Darling said Ron Sandler, the man put in charge of Northern Rock NRK.L after it was nationalised on Sunday, has asked Hester on Monday if he would join the board. Hester is the chief executive of British Land (BLND.L) and a former chief financial officer of Abbey National ANL_p.L.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Qatar will not host 2022 World Cup, says FIFA's Zwanziger
- U.S. and Arab allies launch first strikes on fighters in Syria |
- Israel says its troops kill Hamas men accused of slaying teens |
- AstraZeneca, Shire dive as U.S. tax move punctures deal hopes
- Tesco parachutes in new finance boss to fix accounting scandal