Stephen Hester appointed to Northern Rock board
LONDON (Reuters) - Chancellor Alistair Darling said on Monday that Stephen Hester had been appointed as a non-executive deputy chairman of the newly-nationalised Northern Rock.
Darling said Ron Sandler, the man put in charge of Northern Rock NRK.L after it was nationalised on Sunday, has asked Hester on Monday if he would join the board. Hester is the chief executive of British Land (BLND.L) and a former chief financial officer of Abbey National ANL_p.L.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Portugal scrambles jets again to intercept Russian bombers
- Europe won't recognise vote in eastern Ukraine, Merkel tells Putin
- Kurdish peshmerga forces enter Syria's Kobani after further air strikes |
- Army officer takes charge in Burkina Faso, ousting general |
- Australia Union wanted to rip up Beale contract - chairman