Stephen Hester appointed to Northern Rock board
LONDON (Reuters) - Chancellor Alistair Darling said on Monday that Stephen Hester had been appointed as a non-executive deputy chairman of the newly-nationalised Northern Rock.
Darling said Ron Sandler, the man put in charge of Northern Rock NRK.L after it was nationalised on Sunday, has asked Hester on Monday if he would join the board. Hester is the chief executive of British Land (BLND.L) and a former chief financial officer of Abbey National ANL_p.L.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Argentina fails to reach debt agreement, default looms |
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Insight - European regulators training sights on Google's mobile software
- Russia wants Apple, SAP to cooperate against foreign spying
- Libyan militants overrun Benghazi special forces base as chaos deepens