Stephen Hester appointed to Northern Rock board
LONDON (Reuters) - Chancellor Alistair Darling said on Monday that Stephen Hester had been appointed as a non-executive deputy chairman of the newly-nationalised Northern Rock.
Darling said Ron Sandler, the man put in charge of Northern Rock NRK.L after it was nationalised on Sunday, has asked Hester on Monday if he would join the board. Hester is the chief executive of British Land (BLND.L) and a former chief financial officer of Abbey National ANL_p.L.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Israel pummels Gaza; Kerry steps up diplomatic push |
- Plane with first coffins of Malaysian airliner victims leaves Ukraine |
- Bank of England eyes wage puzzle as it mulls when to raise rates
- Ukraine says pro-Russia rebels shoot down two fighter jets
- Analysis - Watch what markets don't do as world politics turns nasty