Blunt named as Britain's first ambassador to Kosovo
LONDON (Reuters) - The government appointed David Blunt as its ambassador to Kosovo on Wednesday, formalising diplomatic relations just three days after Kosovo declared independence from Serbia.
Blunt has worked for the British Foreign Office since 1978 and has been head of the British office in Pristina -- now the British embassy -- since January 2006.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Polls say Scotland will spurn independence, but are they right?
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'open aggression' as rebels advance |
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-U.S. Open women's singles round 4 results
- Australia unveils fresh sanctions against Russia over Ukraine
- Disruptive Hong Kong protests loom after China rules out democracy |