Blunt named as Britain's first ambassador to Kosovo
LONDON (Reuters) - The government appointed David Blunt as its ambassador to Kosovo on Wednesday, formalising diplomatic relations just three days after Kosovo declared independence from Serbia.
Blunt has worked for the British Foreign Office since 1978 and has been head of the British office in Pristina -- now the British embassy -- since January 2006.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Israel strikes house of Hamas Gaza leader, digs in for long fight |
- Nigeria isolates hospital in Lagos as Obama briefed on Ebola outbreak
- Special Report - Where Ukraine's separatists get their weapons
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site |
- U.S. says Russia violated nuclear treaty, urges immediate talks