Sun Hung Kai, Paulson to launch distressed fund
HONG KONG Jan 16 (Reuters) - Sun Hung Kai Financial (0086.HK), the Hong Kong financial group, on Friday said it will partner with hedge fund Paulson & Co to launch a distressed asset investment fund focusing on financial companies.
Sun Hung Kai said Paulson, run by legendary investor John Paulson who made billions of dollars betting against the U.S. housing market, will act as the fund's investment manager.
Sun Hung Kai did not disclose the size of the fund.
Paulson has approximately $29 billion in assets under management with offices in New York, London and Hong Kong.
(Reporting by Michael Flaherty, Editing by Jacqueline Wong)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins |
- French jets strike in Iraq, expanding U.S.-led campaign against Islamic State |
- Scots independence polls close, UK's future in the balance |
- China hands drugmaker GSK record $489 million fine for paying bribes
- Austrian leader says Putin sees progress in Ukraine crisis