ETF Securities' platinum holdings jump in Q1
LONDON, April 1
LONDON, April 1 (Reuters) - ETF Securities said holdings of its platinum-backed exchange traded commodity (PHPT.L) jumped 87 percent to 321,369 ounces in the first quarter of 2009.
The amount of metal backing its palladium-backed product (PHPD.L) rose 64 percent in the same period, it said.
Interest in exchange-traded funds has soared in recent months as investors seek the safety of physically backed assets amid volatility in other markets. (Reporting by Jan Harvey; Editing by Sue Thomas)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Masked gunmen slay family collecting body at Honduras morgue, kill 9
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- UK launches hunt for man with British accent on beheading video |
- Insight - Ukraine rebel movement faces uncertain future
- Opposition leader Khan opens talks with Pakistan gov't over protests |