ETF Securities' platinum holdings jump in Q1
LONDON, April 1
LONDON, April 1 (Reuters) - ETF Securities said holdings of its platinum-backed exchange traded commodity (PHPT.L) jumped 87 percent to 321,369 ounces in the first quarter of 2009.
The amount of metal backing its palladium-backed product (PHPD.L) rose 64 percent in the same period, it said.
Interest in exchange-traded funds has soared in recent months as investors seek the safety of physically backed assets amid volatility in other markets. (Reporting by Jan Harvey; Editing by Sue Thomas)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Maine nurse fights Ebola quarantine, says will not be bullied |
- Rebound in FTSE halted by drop in BT and commodity stocks
- Ukraine gas supplies in doubt as Russia seeks EU payment deal
- Kurdish convoy heads to Syria to take on Islamic State |
- For 23rd time, U.N. nations urge end to U.S. embargo on Cuba |