ETF Securities' platinum holdings jump in Q1
LONDON, April 1
LONDON, April 1 (Reuters) - ETF Securities said holdings of its platinum-backed exchange traded commodity (PHPT.L) jumped 87 percent to 321,369 ounces in the first quarter of 2009.
The amount of metal backing its palladium-backed product (PHPD.L) rose 64 percent in the same period, it said.
Interest in exchange-traded funds has soared in recent months as investors seek the safety of physically backed assets amid volatility in other markets. (Reporting by Jan Harvey; Editing by Sue Thomas)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Swedish 'Cold War' thriller exposes Baltic Sea nerves over Russia
- Bank of England suspends real-time payments system
- FTSE slips back, weighed down by oil stocks
- Sweden says credible reports of foreign submarine in its waters
- Turkey to let Iraqi Kurds reinforce Kobani as U.S. drops arms to defenders |