ETF Securities' platinum holdings jump in Q1
LONDON, April 1
LONDON, April 1 (Reuters) - ETF Securities said holdings of its platinum-backed exchange traded commodity (PHPT.L) jumped 87 percent to 321,369 ounces in the first quarter of 2009.
The amount of metal backing its palladium-backed product (PHPD.L) rose 64 percent in the same period, it said.
Interest in exchange-traded funds has soared in recent months as investors seek the safety of physically backed assets amid volatility in other markets. (Reporting by Jan Harvey; Editing by Sue Thomas)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Exclusive - Apple, Google agree to pay over $300 million to settle conspiracy lawsuit
- Brazilian Congress passes Internet bill of rights
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- UPDATE 6-Tennis-Barcelona Open men's singles round 3 results