ETF Securities' platinum holdings jump in Q1
LONDON, April 1
LONDON, April 1 (Reuters) - ETF Securities said holdings of its platinum-backed exchange traded commodity (PHPT.L) jumped 87 percent to 321,369 ounces in the first quarter of 2009.
The amount of metal backing its palladium-backed product (PHPD.L) rose 64 percent in the same period, it said.
Interest in exchange-traded funds has soared in recent months as investors seek the safety of physically backed assets amid volatility in other markets. (Reporting by Jan Harvey; Editing by Sue Thomas)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- North Korea says Jang Song Thaek, uncle of leader Kim Jong Un, executed
- Ex-Kaupthing bankers convicted of abuses related to Qatari investment
- UK economy set for fastest growth in seven years in 2014 - BCC
- 'Unfit' defendant in British phone-hacking case dropped from trial
- Peugeot takes writedown, gets GM's backing for Dongfeng deal |