Sony Ericsson denies eyeing LG-Nortel stake
STOCKHOLM, Sept 2
STOCKHOLM, Sept 2 (Reuters) - Mobile phone maker Sony Ericsson (6758.T) (ERICb.ST) said on Wednesday it was not eyeing a purchase of Nortel Network Corp's (NRTLQ.PK) stake in LG-Nortel, refuting a South Korean media report.
"It's definitely not us. There must be some kind of confusion. I'm sure if it's something of that importance, I would know about it", said Aldo Liguori, Corporate Vice President Global Communications at Sony Ericsson.
South Korean online news eDaily, citing an unnamed banking source, reported earlier on Wednesday that Sony Ericsson, Alcatel Lucent SA (ALUA.PA) and a private equity arm of JP Morgan (JPM.N) are among the candidates shortlisted to buy the LG-Nortel stake. [ID:nSEO171861]
(Reporting by Helena Soderpalm; writing by Niklas Pollard)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Iran to push for Saudi oil output cut at OPEC - Mehr news agency
- Tesla says in talks with BMW over car batteries, parts
- Iraqi forces say retake two towns from Islamic State
- Boeing says frustrated by Canada move to extend life of fighter jets
- Putin says Russia not isolated over Ukraine, blames West for frosty ties