Sony Ericsson denies eyeing LG-Nortel stake
STOCKHOLM, Sept 2
STOCKHOLM, Sept 2 (Reuters) - Mobile phone maker Sony Ericsson (6758.T) (ERICb.ST) said on Wednesday it was not eyeing a purchase of Nortel Network Corp's (NRTLQ.PK) stake in LG-Nortel, refuting a South Korean media report.
"It's definitely not us. There must be some kind of confusion. I'm sure if it's something of that importance, I would know about it", said Aldo Liguori, Corporate Vice President Global Communications at Sony Ericsson.
South Korean online news eDaily, citing an unnamed banking source, reported earlier on Wednesday that Sony Ericsson, Alcatel Lucent SA (ALUA.PA) and a private equity arm of JP Morgan (JPM.N) are among the candidates shortlisted to buy the LG-Nortel stake. [ID:nSEO171861]
(Reporting by Helena Soderpalm; writing by Niklas Pollard)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Libyan militants overrun Benghazi special forces base as chaos deepens
- Israel intensifies Gaza assault, Egyptians revise truce plan |
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine |
- At least 43 Palestinians killed as Israel maintains pressure on Gaza |