Sony Ericsson denies eyeing LG-Nortel stake
STOCKHOLM, Sept 2
STOCKHOLM, Sept 2 (Reuters) - Mobile phone maker Sony Ericsson (6758.T) (ERICb.ST) said on Wednesday it was not eyeing a purchase of Nortel Network Corp's (NRTLQ.PK) stake in LG-Nortel, refuting a South Korean media report.
"It's definitely not us. There must be some kind of confusion. I'm sure if it's something of that importance, I would know about it", said Aldo Liguori, Corporate Vice President Global Communications at Sony Ericsson.
South Korean online news eDaily, citing an unnamed banking source, reported earlier on Wednesday that Sony Ericsson, Alcatel Lucent SA (ALUA.PA) and a private equity arm of JP Morgan (JPM.N) are among the candidates shortlisted to buy the LG-Nortel stake. [ID:nSEO171861]
(Reporting by Helena Soderpalm; writing by Niklas Pollard)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 1-Don't mess with nuclear Russia, Putin says
- Don't mess with nuclear Russia, Putin says
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- Exclusive - Over 100 Russian soldiers killed in single Ukraine battle - Russian rights activists
- Scotland's pro-independence campaign gains on final TV debate - poll